Upgrade from 2.3.2 to VB3G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from 2.3.2 to VB3G

Can I upgrade without losing my color style that I have now on my board, or will I have to redo the whole thing?

Also I have a private board on my board that is only seen by a few people. Nothing going on in there but a private guild for our role playing forums on another board.

That area has a different color style then the regular board.

Will the upgrade also transfer over all the members and there information?

the styles in vb3 are set up completely different than in vb2. so, no styles will survive the trip to vb3, although they will be left in your database for reference purposes. all styles that you had previously for vb2, will have to be reconfigured using the new style manager in vb3 (which i might add, is an incredibly tedious process)

Members and posts should not be harmed though, as the giant conversion process was made specifically to transfer that data intact.

Comment

No vB2 styles are useable for vB3 unless you convert them. Also, member and post data shouldn't be harmed unless your the forgetful type and go away from your computer and then refresh the upgrade page. You'll first have to upgrade to 2.3.3 i beleive and then through Beta 3-7 and then Gamma.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the initial script (upgrade.php) will identify your needs when you start the upgrade from 2.3.3 and run through all the required steps. You may want to run the database conflicts script first to see if there's any conflicts in your existing 2.x database.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

Would this also be the case when VB3.0 is ready - as in when moving from VB2.3.X to VB3.0?

Thanks.

Hussain.

Comment

Yes, you will always run upgrade.php.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X