Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In NEWREPLY, how to use "hidden field" to automatically use member's preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This would require hacking the newthread file, not just editing the template. The place to ask about these kind of modifications is over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waters
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakeman
    deleting that line would cause that option to always be off regardless of user preference.
    I just tested it, and you're correct.

How can I make this work correctly, please?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    I don't know without testing it, but I would think deleting that line would cause that option to always be off regardless of user preference.

...but if it's working for you, great!

Leave a comment:

• Still Waters
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Waters
    What would happen if I simply deleted that line of code, altogether, from the template?
    I deleted that line of code.

It seems to be working correctly, now. Meaning, the user doesn't get subscribed to the thread, if "email notification" is turned OFF in his user cp.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waters
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakeman
    Hidden input fields are always "checked." The field needs to be not hidden or you need to modify the PHP code to make the entire hidden input field not be there when the user's preference is set to No.
    What would happen if I simply deleted that line of code, altogether, from the template? Would the board automatically follow the user's preference for email notification (that was set in his user cp)?

Wishing you a healthy and peaceful holiday.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Hidden input fields are always "checked." The field needs to be not hidden or you need to modify the PHP code to make the entire hidden input field not be there when the user's preference is set to No.

Leave a comment:

• In NEWREPLY, how to use "hidden field" to automatically use member's preference?

In my newreply template, I replaced this:
    PHP Code:
    <input type="checkbox" name="email" value="yes" emailchecked>

<
    b>Email Notification:</bemails sent to you whenever someone repliesOnly registered users are eligible
    With this:
    PHP Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="email" value="yes" $emailchecked
    My intention was to have the member's "preference settings" in their user cp automatically determine whether or not they get notification emails.

But, this isn't working properly. Members, who set their preferences to not be automatically notified by email, are getting notification emails.

Any ideas what the correct "hidden field" code should be?
    Thanks.