Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expanding to view sub-forums on home page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanding to view sub-forums on home page?

When i first navigate to my main forum home page, only my three main subforums are visible. you can see what i mean here:

www.thevividedge.com/forum

then, when you click on "the vivid edge," all of the subforums become visible. i want all the subforums to be visible right off the bat on the main page. how can i do this?

This is beacuse you have categories as sub-categories of another category. By default, vB only allows a forum depth of 2 to be dispayed (this includes categories.) To change this:

1. Admin CP -> Options -> vBulletin Options -> [Forums Home Page Options] -> Depth of Forums

2. Manually create new templates to increase the forums displayed. You have to add template forumhome_forumbit_levelx_post and template forumhome_forumbit_levelx_nopost for each level past 2, replacing the '3' with the level number. For instance:

forumhome_forumbit_level3_nopost
    forumhome_forumbit_level3_post

Copy the contents of the other templates ('1' or '2') into these new templates. Then change the 'Depth of Forums' setting in the Admin CP to the '3'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
    X