& problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• & problem

When 2.3.1 was announced, this was changed.

Files and Templates Changed

For this release, almost every file and template has been changed, as we have altered all URL strings to use & instead of & for HTML standards compliance. These changes do not affect functionality, so you need not revert your templates except for those noted below in the 'Template Changes' section. These templates have had bugs fixed or new functionality added. The same is true for changed files. While almost all files have changed, only those listed below contain changes related to bugs or functionality. Other changed files relate only to the & to & changes.
    I was running 2.3.0 without any problem but after upgrading to 2.3.3 I am having & problem. For example, when I do search it shows up like this.

whatever/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&getnew=true&searchid=857098
    instead of

whatever/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=857098
    Because of this, I cannot search or post. It keep redirecting it to search page. When post something, it gives me an error. I do not know what the problem is.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kratai; Mon 22nd Dec '03, 6:58am.

Can you post a link to your board so we can see this happening?

Comment

Also did you revert all your custom templates back to original?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi, thanks for reply.

I cannot show you because I went back to 2.3.0 now. I have no hack installed on my forum, only thing I did was little translation to Thai. I've found that when I changed all & to & in search.php, search was working but I don't think it's a proper fix.

I think this guy also had a same problem but he didn't say how he sorted out this matter.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79876

i don't know what to do.

Comment

You need to revert all the customer templates back to original then reapply your changes.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X