Questions About Windows 2000 Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions About Windows 2000 Installation

I'm setting up a VB233 forum on our company's internal web server and had some questions since I've never done this before.

The OS is Windows 2000 Server. I have C and E partitions, each with about 2G of free space.

I'll be installing mysql-4.0.17 for windows and will probably install PHP 4.3.4 for windows using the windows installer version.

Questions:

Does it matter which partition I use for MySQL and PHP? I'm not sure if I'll have any choice or how much disk space is required.

Is it alright to use the Windows installer version of PHP? The PHP site describes it as "CGI only, MySQL support built-in, packaged as Windows installer to install and configure PHP, and automatically configure IIS, PWS and Xitami, with manual configuration for other servers. No external extensions included)"

If I don't have enough disk space on our internal server, can I install PHP, MySQL, and VB on another internal server? If so, I'm limited to an older NT 4 Server. Any issues with NT?

Thanks.

nope, doesn't matter.

I've setup a seperate Partition (Not C of course) for Apache, PHP, MySQL and other Webserver stuff and everything works fine
    Hints & Tips:
    [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X