A missing member ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A missing member ??

One of my members contacted me saying he tried to log in with his username and password but the error message returned is "Invalid username".

I checked in the AdminCP-> User -> Find , and indeed, this username does not exist.
    I did not delete it and neither did any of my admins.
    Checking my database ( phpmyadmin -> search in the 'user' field for his username ) returned an error instead.

My number of entries for user = 1175
    My number of entries for userfield = 1176

What could be the problem ? And how do i go about fixing it ?
    All help will be much appreciated
    vbArticles.com, now open!
    Content Management for vBulletin, made easy

Run this script to fix that problem - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...984#post248984

Comment

Thanks, will try it out.

Comment

Ok used the script, the number of entries in both the user and userfield tables tally at 1176.

However, the member is still missing.
        Checking through the past posts , i have found his posting , but his status under his nick is now 'guest'

What is going on ????

Comment

It looks like that member was removed and his posts were reverted to 'guest'.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It was not manually removed.
            How do i go about fixing it ?

Comment

I don't know of any way to fix a member that is no longer in the database. You can create a new account then associate the old posts with this new account. The latter could probably be done with a query but I don't know what that would be off the top off my head.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Could you help me find out what the query would be Steve ?
                Your help is very much appreciated.

I've got one unhappy member on my hands
                And he reported it, not sure if there are others like him but havent contacted me.

Comment

Sorry, if I knew what the query was I would have posted it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The user's old threads and posts should still have their username attached to them (I think). The queries to reassociate the old threads and posts with the new user would be:

UPDATE thread SET postuserid=newUserID WHERE postusername="oldUsername"

and

UPDATE post SET userid=newUserID WHERE username="oldUsername"

Then update your counters in your Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters.

BACKUP FIRST!

Comment

Working...
                    X