Database conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database conflict

I'm trying to upgrade my 2.3.0 board to vB3.0. I ran the database conflict file and this is what I got. (from view source)

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:
    ### QUERY SPECIAL TEMPLATES ###
    SELECT title, data FROM datastore
    WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache')

mysql error: Table 'vbd.datastore' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

and the email said...

Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE vb2_template ADD version varchar(30) NOT NULL
    DEFAULT ''
    mysql error: Table 'vbd.vb2_template' doesn't exist

What do I need to do to get it to upgrade?
    The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession

Why this was moved to vB2, I have no idea. This is a vB3.0 issue.

I only get the error after I do this step of the upgrade process:

Next, you should delete all vBulletin 2 files, including PHP, CSS and style files, along with any images. You should then upload the contents of the 'upload' folder to your server.
    Before removing any files, it works fine and reports no conflicts.(see attachment)

To me, this means empty the folder. What does it mean to you? I've tried just overwriting the files too, which does the same thing. I had vB3 beta5 working, but I just upgraded without checking the db, and it worked. However, vB Gamma will not upgrade, no matter what I do. I can only do a clean install, which is not what I want to do at all.

So, I tried to start over again. I copied my original forum and db back to my test partition, and tried to run the vB3 beta5 upgrade again. Now it won't run either. It just keeps telling me that tables already exist.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SloppyGoat; Mon 15th Dec '03, 5:11pm.

Comment

Like this...

Invalid SQL:
      CREATE TABLE access (
      userid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      forumid SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      accessmask SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      PRIMARY KEY userid (userid, forumid)
      )

mysql error: Table 'access' already exists

mysql error number: 1050

Comment

Please post the complete error message, including script info. Also state what you are doing when you get this error.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What else do you need? I don't know where else to look for what you're asking. These errors are happening either immediately, keeping me from even starting the process, or at different steps of the process. This depends on which version I try to upgrade to. It's tough to tell you exactly when it happens, since I've tried so many different things. Let me tell you what I did:

First; I made a copy of my 2.3.0 board, then copied all the upload files of 3.0b5 to the folder. I then ran the upgrade, and it seemed to work fine. At the time, I hadn't yet read about the database_conflict.php test, but it would have passed it anyway. (as the image above proves)

Second; I tried to upgrade 3.0b5 to Gamma. As soon as I either follow the instructions and delete all the files, or ignore the instructions as I did the first time, I get the error stated in the first post.

And this is where it gets foggy, since I've tried about 5 more different ways to get this to work.

I deleted everything, copied my old forum and db back in and tried to start over again, just to see if I could get back to a working copy of b5. Well, now it just tells me that the tables already exist, or duplicates....or a number of other errors. In the end, my old board works fine in the test config, passes the conflict test and repair.php with flying colors, but will not upgrade to any vB3.0 version.

Oh yeah, I also tried upgrading to version 2.3.3 once too, which worked fine. But then gave similar errors when I tried to upgrade again. My database is 100% fine, as far as I can tell. No errors reported...until I try to upgrade.
          Last edited by SloppyGoat; Mon 15th Dec '03, 8:17pm.

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyGoat
            What else do you need?
            As I said I need the complete error message, incluuding the script info. I think this error is because you are running install.php, not upgrade.php.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm not sure what you're asking for. Where do I find the "complete error" and this "script info"? The page is just the standard database error page with no info. I got the info above from "view source". And no, I'm not running the install.php. I've done at least 6 upgrades now. Besides, when I tried the install.php, it worked. Although, we both know that I don't want a clean database. I followed the directions to the tee.

Oh, BTW, this was the first error I got when trying to run database_conflicts.php. This was another generic error page, that just said an email would be sent. But this is what the source said.

Invalid SQL:
              ### QUERY SPECIAL TEMPLATES ###
              SELECT title, data FROM datastore
              WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache')

mysql error: Table 'vb3.datastore' doesn't exist

Date: Monday 15th of December 2003 05:10:40 PM
              Script: http://localhost:81/database_conflicts.php
              Attached Files
              Last edited by SloppyGoat; Mon 15th Dec '03, 8:29pm.

Comment

Well since no upgrade scripts contain this query:

CREATE TABLE access (
                userid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                forumid SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                accessmask SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                PRIMARY KEY userid (userid, forumid)
                )

It stands to reason that you are not running upgrade when you get this error. I am trying to find out what script you are running when you get this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok. I'll start this over again one more time, and document everything. Hang on a few minutes. I'll be back. Oh, but first, look at the attachment, and tell me that the instructions are correct. That's exactly what I'm doing. (Except for the db backup. I don't need to do that, since I can just copy the database folder whenever I please.)

Comment

Here ya go. A nice new error....

Starting with a perfectly operational 2.3.0 with no db errors

1) Run database_conflict.php - No table conflicts and no column conflicts
                    2) Edit config.php in vB Gamma includes folder and remove ".new"
                    3) Remove all vB2.3 files (empty folder)
                    4) Copy contents of vB Gamma upload folder
                    5) Run http://localhost:81/install/upgrade.php
                    6) Get the "There seems to have been a slight problem with the database." page.
                    7) View source:

Invalid SQL:
                    ALTER TABLE template
                    CHANGE `type` `templatetype` SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
                    ADD typebak SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL

mysql error: Unknown column 'type' in 'template'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Monday 15th of December 2003 10:43:00 PM
                    Script: http://localhost:81/install/upgrade.php
                    Referer:
                    IP Address: 127.0.0.1

BTW, interestingly enough, if I call up the install.php script, it does show the install screen, and it will install. It just doesn't seem to be jiving with my db, for some odd reason.
                    Last edited by SloppyGoat; Mon 15th Dec '03, 9:07pm.

Comment

Well, I redownloaded the latest Gamma version, and it worked! I still had alot of errors, and had to hit the back button several times, but it upgraded! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! While it went much smoother, it wasn't trouble free. Should I be worried about any of these errors, though? I figure they must've solved themselves when I hit the back button.

http://localhost:81/install/upgrade1.php?step=12

Step 12) Alter Attachments Table

Altering Attachment Table (1 of 3)

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
                      Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff....

====================================

http://localhost:81/install/upgrade1.php?step=41

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in

g:\test\install\upgradecore.php on line 15

$tableprefix is not empty!

Within config.php $tableprefix must be empty for the upgrade to proceed.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: print_upgrade_footer() in

g:\test\install\upgrade1.php on line 81
                      ==================================

$tableprefix is indeed empty. I double checked.
                      Last edited by SloppyGoat; Mon 15th Dec '03, 10:15pm.

Comment

Working...
                      X