Remove text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove text

Is there any way to run a query and remove a vb tag in all threads in one forum only? For example, say I want to remove all the [img] tags in one forum only...not the entire board. Is this possible? I have a script that would do the whole board, but that's not what I'm looking for.
    The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession

Am I just being ignored???

Comment

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks. Maybe someone will.

Comment

Well I know when you setup a forum permission you can disallow BB code or an IMG tag....
          Owner of VB! :cool:
          "Life is good in the valley!"
          IP Tab it!

Comment

It's a custom tag I'd like to remove, though. Even if I could disallow it, the tags would still appear everywhere. I guess disallowing all BB code would do it, but that's not really the effect I'm after either.

Comment

If you have the script which does the whole board, that's a start. Attach the script and maybe we could modify it to do just one forum.

Comment

Here ya go. See what you think of this. It works great as is. I'm sure there's some way to make exclusions, as you've suggested. I'm no PHP guru, though.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyGoat
                  Here ya go. See what you think of this. It works great as is. I'm sure there's some way to make exclusions, as you've suggested. I'm no PHP guru, though.
                  Right here you go, I've modified the code to allow you to select a forum. If no forum is selected it will work exactly as before.

Make sure you back up your tables before running the script.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I can't thank you enough! That is slick! This makes me very happy! Will this work on vB3 too?

Comment

I hate to tell you, but I just tried it, and I get a CGI error. This is all it says...no headers returned.

CGI Error
                      The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Comment

That looks like a server error to me. The modified script runs fine on my server, where PHP is installed as an Apache module. Maybe your webhost has PHP installed as a CGI and it conflicts with something in the code, I don't know.

Comment

It's my own dedicated server, and the first script ran fine last time I used it. It's running IIS with PHP running ASAPI, but I've never had that problem before. Of course, it's not exactly something that I can test easily, without changing the entire board. I'll have to think of a word that no one has ever used before on the forum.

[edit]
                          Ok. The old script does indeed work fine. I tested it by leaving a typo and replacing it with the correct spelling.
                          Last edited by SloppyGoat; Wed 31st Dec '03, 3:19pm.

Comment

Working...
                          X