Vbulletin Needs To Be Fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin Needs To Be Fixed

For some reason the forum isn't accepting any new posts and I get this error here.........

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Forums database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.9:

Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM searchindex WHERE wordid IN (0,7866,4257,3066,12321,797,1007,987,34224,2118,17336,3582) AND postid=6971
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYD'. (errno: 145)

mysql error number: 1016

Date: Saturday 13th of December 2003 04:13:59 PM

Your searchindex table is corrupted. To fix this upload repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/admi...html=1&check=1

[Of course change the exact URL as appropriate for your forums.]

If everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok (except the session table which you can ignore.)
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I don't think I have the zip file anymore. I'm on version 2.2.9 so do I need that zip file from somewhere?

Comment

you can download the zip for 2.3.3 and upload the required script. it hasnt changed much if at all last time i checked

if you have access to phpmyadmin you can run

REPAIR TABLE searchindex;

Comment

Where can I download 3.0.0 Beta 7 ??

Comment

Originally posted by Novadream
            Where can I download 3.0.0 Beta 7 ??
            You can't. Not legally.
            You're my Prince of Peace
            And I will live my life for You

Comment

How do I download one that isn't the gamma version?

Comment

(thought you said vb3 no beta)

you cant download old copys why would you need an old copy?
                Last edited by Zachery; Sat 13th Dec '03, 4:53pm.

Comment

The only versions currnetly available for download are 2.3.3 and vB3 Gamma.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    Your searchindex table is corrupted. To fix this upload repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/admi...html=1&check=1

[Of course change the exact URL as appropriate for your forums.]

If everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok (except the session table which you can ignore.)
                    Will this work for fixing a similar error I get while trying to add a style?

Comment

Where do I download 2.3.3? and how do I upload it so that it doesn't override any of my settings such as images and everything else I have my board saved as.

Thanks

Comment

You download this from the Members Area:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

And how do I upload it so it wont overwrite anything I have saved?

Comment

I tried having my member login info mailed to me and it said it was sending it 3 different times... but i havent recieved any email yet. is that feature working ok here?

Comment

Yes, that feature works. If you haven't gotten it, send an email to [email protected] with your customer number.

And you only need to extrsct and upload repair.php - NO OTHER FILES. This will not overwrite anything.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X