Moving huge database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving huge database

I'm moving from a Linux to a Windows server and have created a MySQL dump file for vB that is alomost 1GB. I have transferred this file to the new server as well.

Now, I just cannot get this file to import back. Using the Command Line, I get an Erroe 2013 which is related to time-outs and I've added that to my.ini file but the problem still exists.

I've also tried a GUI program called MySQ:-Front that goes upto almost 600MB but then just hangs. Also tried the script "bigdump.php" but that reports an SQL Syntax Error right at the start (although I doubt thats the case)

Any other suggestions? I'm using Windows 2003 and MySQL 4.0.16

-Abbas

Try increasing the timeout value in my.ini until it works.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Already Tried that as well

Comment

You didn't try the 'until it works' part. If you are still getting timeout errors you will need to keep increasing the timeout setting until you no longer get those errors.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I tried increasing the value 3-4 times but that didnt seem to help. I have a feeling that the mysqldump created isnt right. Is there a way to check/repair the database?

Thanks
          Abbas

Comment

The command line import usually works the fastest, but then again I got no experience with such huge databases. But if the SQL dump itself had errors you would be getting an error message, not a timeout.
            You could try splitting the sql dump into 2 parts, as you said that it works up till 600MB. But I can't think of a windows program that would even let you edit such a huge textfile...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X