Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Big company? Not really. At this time I am usually the only person who regular works the support tickets on weekends (and the only person doing this 7 days a week.)

I don't know what happened to Martin but I took over that ticket and the import went through without errors.

Leave a comment:

• mixx941
    replied
    So you're saying that I am going to have to wait til Monday for Martin to get in, for this to be resolved?

When does Martin work, what are his hours? When Monday will he be available? Is there anyone like him that is working sooner? Will giving YOU my cPanel information get it done?

I planned my whole weekend around vBulletin. I was planning to import from phpBB, get all my options how I want them, then upgrade to Gamma, do some skins and then finally launch it. But as you know I cannot do any of that until I can import from phpBB. Now is when I have time to work on this, not this coming week, that's why it's important that I start, which I cannot do until phpBB is imported successfully.

I would think a big company like Jelsoft would have more than one person working support on a weekend....

I'm not trying to take this out on you, just get information.

Thank You and Regards.
    Last edited by mixx941; Sat 13 Dec '03, 4:37pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Today I am the only one working on official support issues. That's normally the case on weekends (I work 7 days a week.)

Leave a comment:

• mixx941
    replied
    I can understand that, and I think you for your efforts. I understand things can always go wrong with computers, I'm in the same business....

But isnt there someone else besides Martin? Jelsoft has alot of customers, and is a pretty big company, so I would think there would be.

Regards, and thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I have already done the best I can with the info available to me. Sorry but I don't know when Martin will be back to work on this. He hasn't been online all day.

Leave a comment:

• mixx941
    replied
    When will he be available to work on this?

I appreciate you trying to help, and if there is anything you can think of to addon, please share.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Okay then. I was just trying to help since Martin hasn't been available to work on this today.

Leave a comment:

• mixx941
    replied
    Well, I dont want to give that information out until I know its 100% necesary. Martin hasnt even tried yet without it, and he didnt request it, so I'd like for him to try ASAP, because it's been all day today I've been trying, and no progress has been made.

Again, I say this with the most respect. I appreciate you trying to help, but I was under the impression that a paid forum solution at so much money was supposed to work 100%....and importing is part of it working.

Regards....
    Last edited by mixx941; Sat 13 Dec '03, 4:02pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Actually we ask for and get this information on a regular basis when trying to help customers with problems. I wouldn't ask for it if I didn't think it would help us troubleshoot and solve the problem. If you don't want this help then that's your choice. Not trying to be rude - I'm just trying to help.

Leave a comment:

• mixx941
    replied
    Steve:

By same user, I am interpreting it that the user "mixx941_vb" be the user for both vBulletin and phpBB.

Again, what I have done last night was added user mixx941_vb (which is the vb user) full permissions to both the vBulletin and phpBB databases, which you said in the ticket would fix this:

Originally posted by Support Ticket
    Also as I said before, the db users need to be the same for both databases. You can add mixx941_vb to the mixx941_forum database to do this.
    And my cPanel information, no rudeness intended, but that's taking it way too far. My databases are setup the way that I said before, and with the latest error, even with me being a vBulletin novice user I know that doesnt have anything to do with permissions or my database problems.

I would appreciate any help I can get on this as soon as possible. Again, not trying to be rude but I dont see other members giving out root information to their sites to get problems fixed...

Regards.....
    Last edited by mixx941; Sat 13 Dec '03, 3:04pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I looked at your ticket. According to one of your latest messages you are still using two seprate db users for the two databases. You need to make sure both db have the same db user.

Also you should update your ticket with the URL and login for CPanel or equivalent site manager.

Leave a comment:

• mixx941
    replied
    Just to note....

I tried a fairly complicated process to rule out anything else in the mixx941_forum database being the problem.....

1) I created a new database
    2) I dumped all the tables and data from mixx941_forum (which phpBB is installed in along with a few other scripts)
    3) Created a new database
    4) Imported all of the tables from mixx941_forum
    5) Removed any tables not associated with phpBB
    6) Tried the vBulletin import set to take it from that new database

Same errors......

Anyone have any ideas? I really need this online quickly.....

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mixx941; Sat 13 Dec '03, 10:52am.

Leave a comment:

• mixx941
    replied
    Thanks for the reply.....

I was just thinking someone in the community might have some input since I'm not getting a response from my ticket, and it's been 12+ hours.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Please note that the import script has not been thoroughly tested with your versuion of phpBB.
    It hasnt? It's the latest stable, non beta version that everyone is or should be running....2.0.6, I was under the impression it was.
    Last edited by mixx941; Sat 13 Dec '03, 10:26am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Martin is working with you on this in the support system. Please note that the import script has not been thoroughly tested with your versuion of phpBB.

Leave a comment:

• mixx941
    replied
    I've reinstalled vBulletin MANY times from a fresh database. I keep trying to import from phpBB 2.0.6. Here is what I am entering in all the input fields for the import script, and the error I get.

When I go to bb import, here is what I enter:

1) Choose bulletin board system: phpBB 2
    2) phpBB Database name: mixx941_forum
    3) phpBB Table Prefix: phpbb_
    4) In "User Association" I associate vBulletin username "administrator" with phpBB username "administrator" because they are the same
    5) Users To Import Per Cycle: 25 (default)
    6) Would you like to pause the import after each page so you can edit individual users? : No
    7) Would you like to empty your existing vBulletin members database?: No

I click Import Users, and I get:

=======
    Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.3:

Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM .users LIMIT 25,25
    mysql error: Table 'mixx941_vb.users' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Saturday 13th of December 2003 12:28:30 AM
    Script: http://www.*******.com/forum
    Referer: http://www.*******.com/forum
    /importers/bbimport_phpbb2.php
    ==========

Someone told me that the "users" table should not exist in vBulletin...so what can I do?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by mixx941; Sat 13 Dec '03, 5:14am.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X