Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple annoying problems

I have 2 questions, using vBulletin Version 2.3.0

Evidently someone is trying to brute force (password hack)their way into our private forums. I know this by the amount of "most users online" one night it's at 260 the next morning it shows 380 then 5 minutes later there's 35 online. What can we do other than lower the allowable connections to keep them from forcing their way in by hacking a password?

question 2

This doesn't pertain to the question above. Is there a way to give priority to specific user groups to allow them onsite during heavy traffic? thnks in advance

1. You can upgrade to vB3 which will lock them out for 15 minutes after 5 failed password attempts.

2. This would require hacking.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by liketoknow
      Evidently someone is trying to brute force (password hack)their way into our private forums. I know this by the amount of "most users online"
      Are you sure about this? The most users online could be a search engine using more than one spider. Sometimes inktomi uses many, many connections, you see this by IP logging referring to spider17.inktom*.com
      More than 10 years experience in building communities!
      Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X