How to Ban people on AOL ip's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Ban people on AOL ip's?

AOL ip's change all the time so you obviously can't ban someone with that ip because when they sign on again, its a different ip. Whats the best way to ban abusive members who are on AOL accounts? Only thing that seems like I can do is edit their forum access but all they do is signup with another username and continue abusing.

ban their email.

use dupeip from vb.org to check for same passwords on multiple accts.

Watch new users with same IP, if you find them on using a new email, ban it.

Overall, AOL is a pain.

Comment

what is dupeip? I check vb.org and cant find anything for it.

Comment

I'm guessing it checks for people who reuse the same passwords. Which is actually a good idea. Although if they don't reuse the password, it obviously won't help at all.

Honestly, I find the best way to deal with jerks from AOL is to set registrations on moderation. I've had mine on for about three months and the number of troublesome users has dwindled to almost nothing. The only bannings we've had have been of people who registered before we turned on moderation, actually. Apart from people who were obviously re-registered banned users, but, y'no, those people didn't even get to post.
        Fool's Gold: Discussion of rock 'n' roll, movies, A Song of Ice and Fire, Discworld, The Wheel of Time, The Lord of the Rings, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, literature, games, and more. It's ace.

Last.FM * LiveJournal

Comment

its almost impossible to ban AOL users :\ when it comes down to everything

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X