Can't Stay Logged in to AdminCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Stay Logged in to AdminCP

I'm moving servers, and I have installed my forum on my new server. I need to get into the AdminCP and to edit the "Bulletin Board Active?" option to "yes" so that the forum is online for user's who propogate to the new domain name before I do. However, I can't stay logged in to the AdminCP at all. Every page view, I am asked to log in again, and because of this I can't save any changes I make on the vBulletin Options page. Is there anything I can do to change this option?

Have you checked the cookie settings on the board?

Comment

That sounds like a cookie problem. Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser. You can also try closing your browser and manually deleting your cookies.

Comment

This is on a new server, where the domain name has not propogated yet, so I'm accessing the site and forum via IP address. I'm pretty sure that's the reason it isn't working. Clearing cookies (and even using a different PC, just to make sure) doesn't change anything.

Comment

Maybe your vB cookie settings aren't valid on your new server. Try setting them to default by running these queries on your database:

UPDATE setting SET value="" WHERE varname="cookiedomain"

UPDATE setting SET value="/" WHERE varname="cookiepath"

Backup first!

While you're at it, you can turn on your forums with this query:

UPDATE setting SET value="1" WHERE varname="bbactive"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X