Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cokies Problems

hi

i am from Saudi Arabia and this proble do exist in all our ISPs and it causes a lot of problems. manytimes, users got login with other users names and sometimes they can participate with thier names which made a lot of problems.

This happens because here every ISP has some IPs that he gave to hi users and some time different users are using same the IP.

it helps alot when I empty the session table from the Database but i don't have enough time to do so every 30 minues.

Would you please help me in this?
    Last edited by firas; Sat 6th Dec '03, 10:14pm.

You can try having them change their user settings for:

- Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)
    - Browse the board with cookies

Generally setting these both to 'Yes' should fix the problem. However if not, then have them experiment to see if they find a combination that works for them.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks a lot but these are the default settings and all members are using it. we tried all the combinations but it did not help.

i think the problem is from the dynamic IPs

Comment

helloooooooooo

anybody here???

Comment

a cookie is written to a users harddrive their IP's afaik shouldnt interfear with the system

Comment

thanx but the real problem is with the Caching....

Comment

Try setting 'Add No-cache headers' to 'Yes' in the Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

my forum has 12000 members and doing so will double the traffic isnt it?

Comment

It will increase bandwidth, but this may be necessary since it appears your users are viewing your site from behind the same IP and cache.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok i will set it on until fining a better solution

regards

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X