Frustrating... user title / custom user title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating... user title / custom user title

I was able to do exactly what I wanted in 1.x I was selling "Elite Explorer" memberships and the user would then get a custom avatar of their own truck. I implemented this by forcing a custom user title and placing the location of the avatar next to the custom title. For example: Elite Explorer < br >< img src="/forums/images/andre.jpg" >

That scheme worked flawlessly in 1.x When I upgraded to 2.0 everything remained great UNTIL the users tried to change their profile. Now after they make a change anywhere in their profile and submit the form, the CODE is displayed instead of their avatar.

What can I do?? I have several hundred Elite Explorers and I can't imagine having to fix their images everytime they change their profile!

remove avatars from the profile templates so they can't see them in profile?
    Christopher Padfield
    Web Based Helpdesk
    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

I have fixed this bug in beta 2.

If you want to fix this yourself open member.php and change

usertitle='".addslashes(htmlspecialchars($customtext))."'

to

usertitle='".addslashes($customtext)."'
      Last edited by Freddie Bingham; Thu 15 Feb '01, 8:33am.

Comment

I think it would make things a lot easier for Rick if there was an option to enable custom avatars for only a specific user group. Then he could just create an "elite explorer" user group with it's own user title and add his paying members to that group, allowing them to upload their own avatars...

Comment

kontrabass, that's exactly what I need to do. The would make a wonderful edition to the full release!

Comment

Freddie, I didn't find the exact text string that you pointed out. This is what I found:

usertitle='".addslashes(htmlspecialchars($customtext))."',

Should I replace that string with:

usertitle='".addslashes($customtext)."'

Thanks,

Rick

Comment

Yeah that's it, sorry about that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X