Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Newbie Qus

Well i have 3 questons i need help on

1) How do you change the banner on the forums mainpage to a custom one ?

2) How do you allow users to have their own avatars, as i have enabled it but when they try and upload or link them they seem to get a this is an invalid jpg or gif file when it is one

3) to add more buttons to my header area what code do i need to use and where

Thanks

Originally posted by Ronso Rage
    Well i have 3 questons i need help on

1) How do you change the banner on the forums mainpage to a custom one ?

2) How do you allow users to have their own avatars, as i have enabled it but when they try and upload or link them they seem to get a this is an invalid jpg or gif file when it is one

3) to add more buttons to my header area what code do i need to use and where

Thanks
    1. In the style settings you should be able to change the location of the banner.

2. Are you sure you have them enabled and they are being uploaded in the correct formats?

3. With some basic knowledge of html you can easily add new buttons just look at the code in the header template. It is pretty self explainitory you should get the hang of it quickly.

Hope this helps some!

Comment

Thanks I sorted no.s 1 and 3 now (feeling a bit foolish at it was simple to do)

But i still can't seem to allow users to upload or link to their own custom avatars

I have uploaded some onto the site as a stop gap and these all work ok, but when they try and upload their own they get - This is not a valid JPEG or GIF file, please check the file format and retry

I have enabled custom avatars and the upload and link to yes in the admin cp, but it seems to have no effect. I have tried it with a GIF and a JPEG of my own which work on other VB sites, but get the same problem. Is there anything else I need to do, like edit any templates etc

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X