Database error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error

www.floridastreetscene.com is my site and It's displaying the error you can see there even though my db_mysql.php file is correct (at least I hope);

PHP Code:
     var $server "localhost";
    var 
    $user     "zeno_zeno";
    var 
    $password "***";
    var 
    $appname "vBulletin";
    var 
    $appshortname "vBulletin (cp)";
    function 
    connect() {
        global 
    $usepconnect;

// connect to db server

if ( == $this->link_id ) {
         if (
    $this->password=="") {
            if (
    $usepconnect==1) {

$this->link_id=mysql_pconnect($this->server,$this->user);
            } else {
    //line34 starts here >>>         

$this->link_id=mysql_connect($this->server,$this->user);
            } 
    Why is it not funtioning?

<!-- Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL: SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='options'
    mysql error: Table 'zeno_forum.template' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Monday 01st of December 2003 07:28:13 PM
    Script: http://www.floridastreetscene.com/forum/
    Referer:
    -->
    It looks like you haven't run the install script yet. Either that or your template table is missing from the database.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      It looks like you haven't run the install script yet. Either that or your template table is missing from the database.
      How can I resotre that template?

Thanks.

Comment

That depends. Did you install the software by running install.php? Are there any other tables missing from the db? How many vB tables are there when you check with phpMyAdmin?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Comment

Depending on which version of vB2 you are running, there should be only 39 or 40 vB tables. Do you see a 'template' table?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

2.3.3 and yes i see one.

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok once I've removed all hacks, what files do I need to edit to update my chaged database name/user name/ and pass? Also any other files that might I need to look into and change something?

THanks.

Comment

Originally posted by flstreetscene
                    Ok once I've removed all hacks, what files do I need to edit to update my chaged database name/user name/ and pass? Also any other files that might I need to look into and change something?

THanks.
                    Edit /admin/config.php, once you open it you should be able to do it without tourble

Comment

I had same problem

I see "template" table on phpmyadmin
                      when click to explorer it on phpmyadmin, then

Error

SQL query :

SELECT *
                      FROM `template`
                      LIMIT 0 , 30

MySQL output:

#1030 - Got error 127 from table handler also when I go to my forum page I get this error Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /vhosts/geyiq.com/http/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 93

P,BODY{FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,arial,sans-serif;FONT-SIZE:11px;}

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
                      Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Comment

geyiqforever, as per the support ticket you started your problem was that your template table was empty. Also please start a new thread for your problems rather than using someone else's thread. This will make it easier to concentrate on each person's issue.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

oke thank you

Comment

Working...
                          X