Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheAnt06
    replied
    Yeah, I'm gonna stick with vB3 and maybe do some private upgrades of some code hacks my forums need.

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Can I make another point.

Why do so many people upgrade to vb3 Beta 7 then decide to try and downgrade afterwards?

Is it because people don't think it through fully before upgrading on a live board?

Don't forget the licence agreement will allow you to use more than one installation of vbulletin as long as one copy is inacessible to the public behind a .htaccess file or on a test server offline.

So you can see whether you need upgrade when vb3 goes gold.

TheAnt06 - it isn't as simple as you think to revert back to vb2, for a start off the database schema is different and as Faranth has already stated, all of your exisiting members will have to have a new randomly generated e-mail sent to them and you may cause problems for yourself if some of your members have opted not to recieve e-mails from admins and may never get their new passwords.

So a piece of common sense advice if you have vb2.x.x running on a live board, run vb3 Beta 7 on a test board before taking the plunge as you may realise vb3 isn't suitable for you at this time.

Saves you a lot of hassle in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    the "real" password is never sent when you ask for an email to get sent to the user it just makes a new random password ;D

Leave a comment:

• RichM
    replied
    Why would you want to downgrade? vB3 RC1 will be here soon. (i think ) Besides vB3 Beta 7 is pretty stable. I run a popular ish forum on vB3 Beta 7 without any problems at all. *touch wood*

Leave a comment:

• TheAnt06
    replied
    There are methods of gettin the passes you know. Changin the eMails via localhost n gettin the passes sent to you.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    but the passwords are hashed via vb3's system and they wouldnt ever show up correct under vb2

Leave a comment:

• TheAnt06
    replied
    manual labour

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    how did you "move" them to vb2?

Leave a comment:

• TheAnt06
    replied
    I have managed to move all my users to vB2, but is all I have to do is delete the old files then upload?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    you cannot jsut "downgrade" either you must do a restore of your old vb2 database or start over

Leave a comment:

• TheAnt06
    started a topic Downgrading.

Downgrading.

I'm currently using vB3, and I want to use vB2.3.3 instead. Do all I have to do to install it is delete the vB3 files n upload the vB2.3.3 files?
Working...
X