missing profile icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing profile icon

I have recently discovered the profile icon has disappeared when viewing responses to threads (showthread.php?s=&threadid) I am running vb 2.33. I have no hacks installed.

I am also missing the vBulletin logo in the control panel. Not sure if this has anything to do with the other, but they both seemed to disappear at the same time.

I can click on a members name in the thread starter of the thread page and pull up their profile.

Any help would be appericated.

Thanks

Profile icon? What's the URL?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

best guess they didnt get uploaded..

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
        best guess they didnt get uploaded..
        I can see the icon from one computer and not the other. The one I can not see the icon on is a brand new install of win xp home. The second computer, that does show the profile icon, it networked into my dsl connection. I have to assume it as something to do with the system configuration.

I have the same problem whether I am using msie or netscape?

Comment

Originally posted by babydoll
          I can see the icon from one computer and not the other.
          Then something on that computer is blocking this icon. I've never heard of anything that would block just that icon but you should look at your browser settings and any software you have that interferes with Internet access (firewalls, ad-blockers, etc.)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Then something on that computer is blocking this icon. I've never heard of anything that would block just that icon but you should look at your software you have that interferes with Internet access (firewalls, ad-blockers, etc.)
            I discovered the problem was caused by upgrading zone alarm pro from version 3.7 to 4.5 After uninstalling zone alarm, and reinstalling 3.7 and upgrading to 4.5 the problem was fixed.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Steve.

Comment

Interesting. It's still odd that Zone Alarm would have singled that out though.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X