IPB1.2 to vB 2.3.3 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB1.2 to vB 2.3.3 Problems

While trying to convert to 3 beta 7 I figured out that you can't do that and I was going to have to install 2.3.3 first and then go to 3 from that.

The only thing is that when I point my browser to the import script all I get is a screen that says there is a problem with the data base and sends me an email. The only thing I can think of that I might have done was while struggling with trying to convert to 3 beta 7 I ran the install script up until the second step (where it confimed that the data base exists and asked if I wanted to empty it). Would this have changed anything in the data base that would cause the erros now running the import script?

I downloaded the database before I started but I have no idea how to go about putting the back up back onto my host.

Can anyone help me?

Yes, running the vB3 install script would have added things to the database. Clear the db and install vB 2.3.3.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Running it to step 2 wouldn't have though, as it just checks that the database exists and that it can connect to it.

Go to the error page, click 'View Source' and paste the entire error here.

Comment

<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style>P,BODY{FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,arial,sans-serif;FONT-SIZE:11px;}</style><body>

<!-- Database error in vBulletin Control Panel :

Invalid SQL: SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='options'
        mysql error: Table 'mowen_methodcall.template' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Sunday 30th of November 2003 12:19:49 AM
        Script: /forums2/importers/bbimport_invib.php
        Referer:
        -->

</table></td></tr></table></form>
        <blockquote><p>&nbsp;</p><p><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br>
        Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p>An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="<A href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical">mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p>We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote></body></head></html>

Is there source.

Comment

Did you install vB first? Looking at the error, it seems that you didn't. You must run the install script before you can convert.

Comment

No I didn't, so I install vb into a different data base first?

Where is the instructions for doing this? I can't find it anywhere?

Comment

If the IPB database tables are prefixed, just install it into the same database.

Basically, you install vB, delete admin/install.php, and go into your admincp. There is a section somewhere torwards the bottom to import from another BB system. Make sure the importers are in admin/importers (I believe, it could be forums/importers) and select the correct importer. Follow the instructions and it should import correctly.

I believe you can go to the importer file directly in your browser as well, though I am not 100% sure.

Comment

Cheers mate, I finally managed to import IPB to vB, not I just have to get it to vb3.

Oh, now that I have installed vb in the database am I free to delete all the ibf_ tables, or is there some part of vb that still uses them?

And since Im no good at SQL can anyone give me the code to delete all ibf_ prefixed tables?

Also, when upgrading to vB3 do I have to run the installer for that first to bet vb3_ tables or just run the upgrade script? Because when I run the upgrade script without running the installer first I get this error:

"<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
                <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
                <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br />
                Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="<A href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical">mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>
                <!--
                Database error in vBulletin :
                Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE vb3_template ADD version varchar(30) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
                mysql error: Table 'mowen_methodcall.vb3_template' doesn't exist
                mysql error number: 1146
                Date: Sunday 30th of November 2003 05:07:42 AM
                Script: http://www.method-call.com/forums/install/upgrade.php
                Referer:
                IP Address: 203.173.186.171
                -->
                </body></html>"
                Last edited by Blue Storm; Sat 29 Nov '03, 8:05pm.

Comment

You run upgrade, not install. It looks like you put the 'vb3' prefix in your config.php file when there probably is no prefix in the existing db.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Excellent, these things seem to work now.

But doesn anyone know the SQL to delete only the ibf_ prefixed database tables?

Comment

Not in mass, no.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Storm
                        Excellent, these things seem to work now.

But doesn anyone know the SQL to delete only the ibf_ prefixed database tables?
                        Just run this:

DROP TABLE `ibf_admin_logs`, `ibf_admin_sessions`, `ibf_badwords`, `ibf_cache_store`, `ibf_calendar_events`, `ibf_categories`, `ibf_contacts`, `ibf_css`, `ibf_email_logs`, `ibf_emoticons`, `ibf_faq`, `ibf_forum_perms`, `ibf_forum_tracker`, `ibf_forums`, `ibf_groups`, `ibf_languages`, `ibf_macro`, `ibf_macro_name`, `ibf_member_extra`, `ibf_members`, `ibf_messages`, `ibf_moderator_logs`, `ibf_moderators`, `ibf_pfields_content`, `ibf_pfields_data`, `ibf_polls`, `ibf_posts`, `ibf_reg_antispam`, `ibf_search_results`, `ibf_sessions`, `ibf_skin_templates`, `ibf_skins`, `ibf_spider_logs`, `ibf_stats`, `ibf_templates`, `ibf_titles`, `ibf_tmpl_names`, `ibf_topic_mmod`, `ibf_topics`, `ibf_tracker`, `ibf_validating`, `ibf_voters`, `ibf_warn_logs`;

Comment

Working...
                        X