Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a way to convert from UBB 6 -> VBB 2 in the works ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been with UBB in a LONG time (back in the 5.45 days) but is there anyway to DOWNGRADE to 5.47 which IS importable in vb2.0?

I don't know anything about UBB now so the answer might be no, but I thought I might ask

Comment

I believe there is no way do downgrade from UBB 6 to v5.x
      www.speedguide.net | forums.speedguide.net
      Life would be much easier if I had the source code...

Comment

Originally posted by Philip

Comment

I think there is actually:

try this thread

It doesn't seem to expalain much but it indicates there is a way.
          http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

Thanks, we are desperate, so I went ahead and bought a vB license and I'm going to try every possible way to make it work.

Comment

Thanks, we are desperate, so I went ahead and bought a vB license and I'm going to try every possible way to make it work.
              hahahahah

Yep, we are dedicated, see i told ya vB rox0rs!

now your all into it too

Comment

I've tried everything to convert UBB6 threads to vB2, without sucess ...

I even tried downgrading UBB to 5.x which worked partly, however the import script did not work for importing threads.

Is there a set timeframe for an import script, or anyone willing to hack the current one a bit and make it work for UBB6 ? I'm willing to test anything at this point. TIA

Comment

I've tried everything to convert UBB6 threads to vB2, without sucess ...

I even tried downgrading UBB to 5.x which worked partly, however the import script did not work for importing threads.

Is there a set timeframe for an import script, or anyone willing to hack the current one a bit and make it work for UBB6 ? I'm willing to test anything at this point. TIA
                  did you recreate the threads files?

Comment

Yes, went through the entire procedure with no luck.

Comment

Hello philip.

Comment

Originally posted by brentj5
                        Hello philip.
                        Argggghhhh, John i'd wish you would stop using that login, errrrrr

BTW i don't mean the John from here, i'm talking about our John on speedguide.net

Comment

Guys, stop spamming, or they'll never release that import script

Comment

Sorry to be a pest, but has anyone come up with a script to convert from UBB 6 to vB yet? Any version of vB that we could get to and then upgrade...

The final version of UBB has been out for a while now, any help or suggestions would sure be appreciated...
                            Please......
                            Join Folding and help cure diseases

Comment

It will be released sometime after vB2 (Final aka Gold) is released. Which may be next week, it may be in a month. There is no way to know. (Even the dev team doesn't know - it depends on how many bugs pop up, etc.)

Comment

The members import already works fine for the UBB V6 members files. I have used it for our 13,500+ members list.

I have also managed to mod the import.php to import our catagories and forums.

Just really stuck on importing the posts. It must be something really simple as the above was.

I am not sure why the VB guys are holding off. Probably incase they make any changes to the final release that stores stuff in different places.

I bet it would only take them a few minutes to mod the import script. It has not took me to long so far and i have never even looked at a PHP script up until about 2 days ago.
                                Regards

Justin
                                Interesting Devices Ltd
                                http://interesting-devices.com
                                http://id-discussions.com
                                http://caravan-smart.co.uk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X