Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a way to convert from UBB 6 -> VBB 2 in the works ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KenJ

Any ideas of a time frame on version 2 being declared final?

Any ideas on making a jump to version 2 from UBB6 with out waiting on a script?
    With as many little problems as has come up since beta 1 release, it will be another week or two before beta 2 is released. Then an additional maybe 2 weeks before beta 3 is released. It could go beta 4, 5, ect until they get the bugs worked out. I just hope it doesn't take too long. But one thing is for sure, that the final 2.0 release is still many weeks away.
    Whassup!!!
    :cool:

Comment

wow. even I didn't know that and I work here!
      Webmaster:
      @forumz

Comment

one thing that everyone forgets in pointing out that vB was origianlly ported from UBB was that John and James offered to license the code to infopop and infopop wouldn't talk to them about it. it delayed the release of the original vB because the code had to be totally rewritten to remove and all traces of UBB coding in it.

I guess, given the recent turn of events over there, we all benefitted from Ted, et al's short-sightedness. With the new pricing on 6.0, this code would easily license for $1,500-$10,000/year
        Webmaster:
        @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
          I guess, given the recent turn of events over there, we all benefitted from Ted, et al's short-sightedness. With the new pricing on 6.0, this code would easily license for $1,500-$10,000/year

Wow, next thing you know Microsoft would charge us $50,000 for their new OS

I still think now is the best time to introduce a UBB6 --> vB 2.0 import script, while the former UBB users are looking to move to another bulletin board software.

Just my 2c.
          www.speedguide.net | forums.speedguide.net
          Life would be much easier if I had the source code...

Comment

Hard to do when software is still in beta.

Comment

If they will finish it until my license is active (April), i can get you full access at a test area for that! Contact me by mail

Comment

I gotta tell you, I would pay for that script now..
                I am running UBB 6/8.1 beta and it has destroyed my site. I have over 9000 members that no longer can use the site. UBB has destroyed my biz..

Anyone of you pros...we NEED the import NOW, please!

Thanks......

Comment

Originally posted by glenv
                  Anyone of you pros...we NEED the import NOW, please!

Thanks......

I second that... UBB is not likely to change much in its final form, besides it's better to convert us UBB users before all the bugs in UBB are fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Philip

I second that... UBB is not likely to change much in its final form, besides it's better to convert us UBB users before all the bugs in UBB are fixed

Yes, with all of the problems that UBB presents and all of the disgruntled users, NOW is definitely the time for vB to come through with the fix.

Many UBB boards are waiting for this. Unfortunately, once all of the UBB bugs are worked out, they may decide to stay with UBB.

Time really is of the essence...
                    Join Folding and help cure diseases

Comment

most people didnt upgrade to ubb 6, as the software is beta. i for myself did a mirror forum for testing, and then upgraded to my ubb6 copy.

and im new to php..
                      Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

UBB 6 Final

UBB 6 Final is released (finaly )

Can we get an ETA of an import script ?

Comment

Re: UBB 6 Final

Originally posted by Philip
                          UBB 6 Final is released (finaly )

Can we get an ETA of an import script ?
                          I also agree...if not an import to vB2..at least 1.1.16 and then we can upgrade to ver2.0

Comment

BUMP ...

Any word yet ?

Comment

While I don't have enough knowledge about Perl to do any helping with the import script I do have two valid UBB licenses with access to the download area on both of them until September. If Jelsoft would like to use one, they are more than welcome because they provided me with this incredible product. Feel free to contact me via email.

Comment

tubedogg, I couldn't help noticing you giving advice in this other UBB6 > vB2 thread, where they're discussing that you can actually import with the current vB scripts ? Can someone confirm that ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X