Users awaiting email confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users awaiting email confirmation

I get many people who sign up and dont complete the registration process by following the instructions in the confirmation e-mail. If they did not get it or deleted it, what is the best way for them to complete the registration?

Can they use the lost password routine? I dont want to manually change their user group each time this happens.

i think you can use massemail to send out a new batch of registration emails

Comment

We set up a forum only viewable by mods and that group for people who don't get the emails to notify us. We havne't had any one need it recently, but it seems like that should help out.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima
        I get many people who sign up and dont complete the registration process by following the instructions in the confirmation e-mail. If they did not get it or deleted it, what is the best way for them to complete the registration?

Can they use the lost password routine? I dont want to manually change their user group each time this happens.
        Consider the fact that some (many!) of the users that never complete the registration process end up not completing same simply because they joined your board using a fake email address.

The number of users who "joined" my board but never confirmed their email address dropped by 80% when I spelled out VERY CLEARLY (in the join application)... that joining using a fake email address would not work since they would never be allowed access to the board until they retrieved their confirmation from the email address they were using during the application process.
        Last edited by Xube; Tue 25 Nov '03, 2:30am.
        :p -=Xube ®
        ...it's just technology

Comment

How do you set this utility up, I am having the same problems. Even when choose to moderate all new users they still show up active as a new member?

How can I fix this? I noticed when I did mass mail I got back about 15 dead e-mails saying "The user can not be found" etc? What is strange is that in the "Users waiting e-mail confirmation" still shows about 60, however when I try to do a mass prune for only Users awaiting e-mail confirmation?

Comment

This thread is over a year old.

She Unlimited, please start a new thread for your problem. Be sure to include all the relevant information including your URL.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment