Hacked, now what???!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked, now what???!!!

Your in the public library and don't log out. Some one else comes along and gets in to your admin area, makes there username an admin, de-modes you, and delets every account, and makes it so you can't registor, so you can't use the getadmin.php form to get access again. On top of that you don't have access to telnet or phpMyAdmin to try to get access, so is there some other way to get access to the admin area? Is there a way to make it so you don't have to log in there, then change it back after you got a username/password again?

http://gamingalliance.gaming-abyss.com/forum/ version 2.3.2 (That Zeus guy is the hacker.)
    Public Domain Content
    Amazon/Webmaster Services

im sorry for you not remembering not loggin out >.> , i never login anywhere i know its not secure, and if i HAVE to i MAKE 100% sure i dont forget to logout

contact your HOST asap. have him shut the site down untill you can regain access. you should always have a host who you can contact and get phpmyadmin access you also shoud have a host that provides FTP so you can upload files that you need

quickest way, shut the site down

also remember NEVER to have anything remember your password. use an .htaccess to protect your admin area

have a nice day

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X