Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in desperate need of help!

To anyone that might have the answer to my problem,

My hosting company is going to be getting a new dedicated server shortly after the end of this month. Right now, I am on his dedicated server that will be down at the end of the month. He tried moving my site here:

http://hostonlinux.biz/~loyalty/forum

Notice that you do not stay logged in. He is wondering what is going on, as am I. We both believe that once we move my site to his new dedicated server soon, we will still have the same problem. I am running vB 2.3.2.

Can someone please offer advice or possibly help to fix the problem? We are on a short schedule to find an answer, so any help is truly appreciated.

have you installed any hacks?

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
      have you installed any hacks?
      Maybe one or two small ones. Most have been template modifications.

Comment

if youve installed hack's as in file modifcations you will need to go to vbulletin.org for help, or remove the hacks (easiest way is to upload default files) and then we can successfully help you here

Comment

Here is the hack I installed:

It's the [HowTo] Make your boards highlight with onMouseOver (template) hack

This hack can't possibly be the reason I can't log in once the site was moved...

Comment

i cant even register correclty, so i cant help

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
              i cant even register correclty, so i cant help
              Please go on AIM. I have your name in my buddy list. I can explain more fully on AIM.

Comment

The problem is most likely the Cookie Domain and Path setting in yoyur Admin CP. If you have the old domain entered in this setting, you will have the exact problem you are having. Set the Domain blank and the path to /
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  The problem is most likely the Cookie Domain and Path setting in yoyur Admin CP. If you have the old domain entered in this setting, you will have the exact problem you are having. Set the Domain blank and the path to /
                  I will notify my Site Tech about this... Thanks for the tip, Steve.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X