Number of posts decreasing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of posts decreasing..

I dont know why, but I notice that the number of posts are sometimes decreasing in one of my forums.

Im running vB 2.2.9.

Like last week, I was at 995 posts, and just a couple of days ago I cracked the 1000 mark...up to 1145 or something. Now it's down to 1079.

Anyone notice this as well? Or maybe it's just my settings? Or maybe I'm just turning senile already. Im getting paranoid now thinking that maybe someone is deleting posts (Im the only admin/mod).

If someone has any insight, that would be cool to know.

Thanks!

Are you pruning posts and threads? If so that will cause post counts to go down.

Also have you run update counters recently?

Comment

No I havent pruned posts and I havent updated counters...?

What does it do?

Comment

The only known reason for this to happen is by removing posts. Do you allow your members to delete their posts?

However I can't rule out some previously unknown issues with the older version of vB you are running with perhaps the newer versions of PHP or MySQL. I definitely encourage you to upgrade to 2.3.3 - at least for the security fixes.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ill try it out, thanks!

Comment

It seems to be happening with me, too, only it's the total number of posts that's getting affected; I haven't been keeping track of the posts in each forum. But we've passed 50,000 posts a ridiculous number of times.
            Fool's Gold: Discussion of rock 'n' roll, movies, A Song of Ice and Fire, Discworld, The Wheel of Time, The Lord of the Rings, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, literature, games, and more. It's ace.

Last.FM * LiveJournal

Comment

What version of vB are you running?

I will be upgrading my copy of vB tonight and Ill keep a close eye on everything.

Comment

I'm on 2.2.8. I really need to upgrade, but I've hacked my board to shambles and it's going to be a pain in the arse to reinstall some of those hacks, especially since I wrote a lot of them myself and didn't even bother documenting what changes I made to do so. I think I'm just gonna wait for a release candidate of vB3 and upgrade to that, because I don't want to do all this work twice.
                Fool's Gold: Discussion of rock 'n' roll, movies, A Song of Ice and Fire, Discworld, The Wheel of Time, The Lord of the Rings, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, literature, games, and more. It's ace.

Last.FM * LiveJournal

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X