• how to remove an admin

PLease advise where I remove an admin name in the
    admin section

Thanks

Originally posted by astoller
    PLease advise where I remove an admin name in the
    admin section

Thanks
    Do you mean not have them show up on forum leaders, or fire the admin? For the first one you will need to make a new group, with access to the control panel, set to not show up in who's online.

For the other one, look up their name, and change their group. Then figure out how you will tell your forum goers that the person was fired.

Comment

Originally posted by thefluke
      Do you mean not have them show up on forum leaders, or fire the admin? For the first one you will need to make a new group, with access to the control panel, set to not show up in who's online.

For the other one, look up their name, and change their group. Then figure out how you will tell your forum goers that the person was fired.
      Its for the person who ftp'd the board in the 1st place.
      Is this know as the moderator.
      If so wil changing their group stop them having any control ?

Comment

Originally posted by astoller
        Its for the person who ftp'd the board in the 1st place.
        Is this know as the moderator.
        If so wil changing their group stop them having any control ?
        You definatly don't want to deadmin that account. Its protected, and is the account that you will use to recover the boards if something bad happens and sonmeone gets access to the control panel.

I would leave that account alone, just to be safe.

Comment

no, userid 1 doesnt have to be the admin.

you may remove this user from access by changing the usergroup, should anything bad ever happen if you were to lose admin status somehow, all youd need to do is change your user group back to 6 via phpmyadmin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X