Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubedogg
    replied
    They should enter the subadmins userids in the config.php file before they leave. It's not difficult...

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Freed
    replied
    I do. It's just that some admins might be skeptical of giving out FTP access to their sub-admins, but might want to allow them to give superadminship to other people while they're away. Say, if they're taking an extended break or something.

Blah, I dunno.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    If you don't have FTP access to your own website then you need to find a new host. FTP access is one of the requirements of installing and using vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Freed
    replied
    Well, ok. If you don't consider modifying config.php to be hacking, then it isn't hacking. It still requires whoever modifies config.php to have FTP access, which isn't at all necessary for admins to do under version 2.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron Freed
    Administrative permissions are a heck of a lot more complicated in vB3, which I actually think is a good thing for the most part, but unfortunately you can only give other people than yourself permission to edit other administrators by hacking the board, the way I understand things, which is quite unfortunately a bit ****.
    That is in no way correct. Modifying config.php is not "hacking".

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Freed
    replied
    Administrative permissions are a heck of a lot more complicated in vB3, which I actually think is a good thing for the most part, but unfortunately you can only give other people than yourself permission to edit other administrators by hacking the board, the way I understand things, which is quite unfortunately a bit ****.

Hm. I'd actually suggest getting a new host, but eh. I suppose that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• put3rg33k
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron Freed
    You'll have to use phpMyAdmin or something similar to do that. It'll probably also require a lot of hacking, although I think the only files you'll end up having to edit are the config files.

Is there any particular reason you want to do this? I don't think it really affects the performance of the tables at all; unless you're using the same SQL database for vBulletin and something else, I don't see why it'd be necessary.
    Well you got it on the dot. My hosting company only gives me 1 mysql database. In this database I now have my web site tables, my server stats tables, and my vbulletin files. All my site tables have prefix btb_ and my stats halve prefix hlstats_ all my vbulletin tables have no prefix. So they get mixed in with the rest.

I thought there was a way to add a prefix to vbulletin tables as well. But maybe it was vbulletin 3 that i read it in, though I couldn't get that one working correctly. I got it installed and the cpanel was more advanced by no one could create or edit forums only I had access even though administrators supposed to have access. So I came back to a stable version I'm familar with using.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    In vB2 it would require extensive hacking.

In vB3 it can be changed in the config.php file.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Freed
    replied
    You'll have to use phpMyAdmin or something similar to do that. It'll probably also require a lot of hacking, although I think the only files you'll end up having to edit are the config files.

Is there any particular reason you want to do this? I don't think it really affects the performance of the tables at all; unless you're using the same SQL database for vBulletin and something else, I don't see why it'd be necessary.

Leave a comment:

• put3rg33k
    started a topic sql table prefix

sql table prefix

How do i change my vbulletin tables to contain the prefix vbulletin_<tablename>