SELECT

thread.threadid
    FROM thread
    WHERE thread.forumid = 2
    AND thread.sticky=0
    AND thread.visible=1
    AND lastpost >= 1066501498 AND sticky=0

etc.
    Last edited by tlarmon81; Mon 17 Nov '03, 9:40am.

Despite paying $160 for vB and using it forever on my forum, I think it's time and I'm moving to InvisionBoard.

I feel ripped off.

Comment

Wow, you gave us a whole 5 minutes to respond before deciding we are worthless.

Your thread table is corrupted. It's an easy fix. Upload repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1

[Of course change the exact URL as appropriate for your forums.]

If everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok (except the session table which you can ignore.)
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It's hanging at opening page..

Comment

What is hanging - the repair? It can sometimes take quite a number of minutes for repair to work - particualrly with large databases and large attachment tables.

Another way to fix this is by running the this query in phpMuAdmin:

REPAIR TABLE thread;

However I wouldn't try this until you get some feedback from repair.php.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It would appear that he is attempting to restore a backup....
            The forum is broken! "The Lounge" is getting a SQL error and I have no idea why. I'm trying to get Dixiesys to restore an older version of the database in hopes it will fix the problem. Please check back later today. (P.S. I hate vBulletin with a passion)

Comment

No I'm trying the repair first. Okay, it finally finished up. I ran the script and went to class and it finished, but it says that some users are viewing certain forums, which is NOT the case since the forum is closed.

God this is a pain.

Comment

Finally fixed. Whew.

Thanks for the response on how to fix it.

The only question I still have is: Why does this happen?

Comment

you'll need to include the full error rather than the query which generated it.

There should have been something like
                  mysql error number: XXX
                  mysql error desc: Invalid blah
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

The causes for DB corruption are difficult to pinpoint. Some have been related to bug in MySQL4 (fixed in MySQL 4.0.15 and above) and some may be due to a poorly configured server or MySQL stopping and restaring while the db is being written to.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tlarmon81
                      No I'm trying the repair first. Okay, it finally finished up. I ran the script and went to class and it finished, but it says that some users are viewing certain forums, which is NOT the case since the forum is closed.

God this is a pain.
                      '

Just so you know, It will say that users are browsing the forums or are looking at something, but if your board is off, they aren't actually viewing the baord.. They are viewing the screen telling them that the forum is closed

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X