Cant post in certain forums without 100 posts and only once/month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant post in certain forums without 100 posts and only once/month

I have some forums on my site which are for webhosts to offer their special offers but i only want to allow members to post in the offer forums once they have over 100 posts and they can only post once a month.
    Would anyone be able to tell me how to do this please?
    Thanks a lot,
    John
    John Diver

Hmm...well, in vB2 you would have to manually move these users into a group that has permission to post in that forum once they reach 100 posts. (In vB3 you can set up an automated promotion for this.) You should set the forum to be moderated and you approve all new threads, since there is no way to limit people to posting only once a month.

Comment

i know there is some way to do it.
      A lot of forums I have used do this type of thing.
      Webhostingtalk.com does it for one post a week and its not moderated, just doesnt allow you to post if you created a new topic within the last 7 days
      John Diver

Comment

That is from some sort of hack they've installed. Best to ask over at vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok thanks Steve.
          If anyone would be able to help I have asked at vb.org.
          Here is the thread: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58637

Thanks again,
          John
          John Diver

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X