What does this vb error mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this vb error mean?

The main page of my site comes up, but when I try to access a thread or forum page, I get this...

~

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.2:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS threads FROM thread

WHERE thread.visible=1 AND 1=1 AND NOT (thread.forumid='31' OR thread.forumid='47' OR thread.forumid='78') AND thread.lastpost>=1068952579 AND thread.open<>10
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'thread.MYI'. (errno: 145)

mysql error number: 1016

Date: Sunday 16th of November 2003 08:56:34 AM
    Script: http://www.marcellee.com/search.php?...&searchid=4609
    Referer:

You need to use PHPMyAdmin to repair the thread table:

REPAIR TABLE thread
    TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Also upgrade to MySQL 4.0.15 at least, its caused by old versions of MySQL.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Okay, I did the repair and the board seems to be working fine now (I can view forums and threads again).

Problem is, when I ran the repair command, everything came-out "OK" except for the "Checking thread table" section, where I got some red errors. I'm attaching a screen-shot in case you need it.

Again, the board seems to be working find now, despite this error, but what should do? Run the command again or just leave it alone?
        Attached Files

Comment

These errors are telling you what was wrong with the table. I get them too whenever I repair a table.
          TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

^

So it's nothing to worry about? Great.

Thanks.

~

Now I just have a few more questions about this:

*Should I keep the repair.php file uploaded to my admin directory now that the problem is fixed or delete it?

*I'm going to see if my host can upload to MySQL 4.0.15 (at least), but, assuming that doesn't happen right away, will I keep getting those errors and have to run the repair over and again over? In other words, is running the repair a temporary solution? If so, how temporary?

*The instruction thread on how to fix this problem says "NOTE!: You really might want to backup your forums when you have resolved this problem." Of course, backing up your forums is always a good idea, but why is it stressed here? Can the repair mess-up my board or something? Just wondering.

Comment

Remove repair.php when your not using it always the best idea.

The repair can prune rows that it can't recover.

The problem is a bug in MySQL 4.0.0 - 4.0.14 that has been fixed in all recent versions.

If your host is not yet running 4.0.16 I suggest that you ask them to upgrade.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

^

Thanks.

By the way, my host says they are running MySQL 4.0.16, yet I still got the error.

Weird.

Comment

If you are getting recurring table corrputions wothj MySQL 4.0.16, then there is something wrong with that server. Possibly MySQL is stopping and restarting.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X