Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The IP Address in Currently Active Users...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The IP Address in Currently Active Users...

Is this the IP address that is ACTUALLY logged in? Or is it the last IP address the user POSTED under? I have been told in the past that ONLY addresses that have been posted under are tracked, I just want to clarify how the Currently Active Users page works.

Originally posted by AndreaBash
    Is this the IP address that is ACTUALLY logged in? Or is it the last IP address the user POSTED under? I have been told in the past that ONLY addresses that have been posted under are tracked, I just want to clarify how the Currently Active Users page works.
    Yes, the IP address in who's online is what the user is logged in under. When you use the IP tool in the admin cp, it will only show IPs from posts.
    TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by cirisme
      Yes, the IP address in who's online is what the user is logged in under. When you use the IP tool in the admin cp, it will only show IPs from posts.
      Thanks so much.

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering this as well. It's helpful to determine when someone is logging in under someone else's username.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielle
          Yeah, I was wondering this as well. It's helpful to determine when someone is logging in under someone else's username.
          Don't forget more than one user will have the same IP address if they are logging in under a proxy server.

Comment

...or they have a dynamic IP from their ISP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X