Functions.php Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Functions.php Error

I made a mistake when hacking fuctions.php - so I ended up uploading the fuctions.php file(v.2.3.0) that I got straight from downloading VB and I still get the same error!

"Warning: Unknown modifier ')' in /home/revo7/public_html/forum/admin/functions.php on line 825"

On line 825 I have " $bbcode=preg_replace($searcharray, $replacearray, $bbcode);"

Im stumped as to why this is happening.

Please Help,
    -Mike

If that is the only change you made, then reuploading the original functions.php should have fixed it. Was that the only change? Are you sure you restored the original functions.php and overwrote the one on the server?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Im very confused. I was adding in the "\me" hack, but made a mistake so I uploaded the orginal file and get this error.

I removed that line of code and it stopped parsing VBCode, with it in VbCode works fine but I get the error message.

Comment

Still not clear. Does this happen with the original functions.php file and what other changes did you make?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I figured it out!

I had tried making "\me" a vbcode - it caused an error. I went in and deleted its table from the DB, all works now.

Thanks,
          -Mike

Comment

for future refrence if youve hacked your vbulletin you should ask for support at vbulletin.org

Comment

It ended up having nothing to do with the hack. (I orginally thought it was)

I had first tried making /me a vbcode using the control panel. That somehow caused an error. I was unable to delete that using the contol panel so I deleted the vbcode(/me) right from the database and everything worked again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X