Location Not Showing up in Member Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location Not Showing up in Member Posts

I have just recently taken over an existing board, purchased a new owned license and moved the board to a new hosting site. Everything seems to have made the transition without any problem except for a couple of items.

The previous owner had an unbranded license and was running version 2.2.9. I purchased the branded version and installed version 2.3.2 and then restored the previous site's backup into it. I then saw that I needed to run the scripts to upgrade the restored site to version 2.3.2 and I did so.

The previous owner had remarked on but never explained that he had "changed something" and that no location is shown when a member posts even though the caption is there and a location entry exists in the member profile. The PostBit template has this entry as:

Location: $post[field2]<br> with the Location field in the profile showing up as the second from the bottom out of 5 fields. I have tried substituting 0, 1, 3, 4, and 5 for the field number but do not know if this is the correct syntax.

Further, I am happy to show the branding information for vBulletin but it has not come through either with the new install.

Can someone point me at which template(s) I should be looking in to make these corrections or what I am missing? I have read and digested the User Manual and am at a point of spinning my wheels on these minor issues.

If you need to actually visit the site it is http://www.signs101.com/forum

Thanx for any help you may have to offer.

Fred Weiss
    Last edited by Fred Weiss; Sun 9 Nov '03, 1:02pm.
    Fred Weiss
    Signs101.com
    [email protected]

Assuming the original Location field was never removed, the correct notation in the postbit template should be:

If tyhis is not showing up, then make sure you've checked the postbit template of all your template sets. If it still doesn't show up look at the user fields and seer what the correct userfieldid number is (it will be in the browser URL.)

The copyright info belongs in the footer template.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Assuming the original Location field was never removed, the correct notation in the postbit template should be:

If tyhis is not showing up, then make sure you've checked the postbit template of all your template sets. If it still doesn't show up look at the user fields and seer what the correct userfieldid number is (it will be in the browser URL.)

The copyright info belongs in the footer template.
      The notation is exactly as you have stated. I have even done a revert to original and it still does not show up. Changing to other field numbers has the expected effect of the information from whichever other field number is entered showing up.

If it still doesn't show up look at the user fields and seer what the correct userfieldid number is (it will be in the browser URL.) You lost me on that one. Where do I look for User Fields?

Sorry to appear incompetent but I'm just beginning to find my way around vBulletin. I did manage to find the footer and got the copyright info in place.

Fred Weiss
      Fred Weiss
      Signs101.com
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Weiss
        If it still doesn't show up look at the user fields and seer what the correct userfieldid number is (it will be in the browser URL.) You lost me on that one. Where do I look for User Fields?
        Admin CP -> User Profiel Files -> Modify

Then put your cursor over the [edit] link for the Location field. What profilefieldid number shows up in the browser address window?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Admin CP -> User Profiel Files -> Modify

Then put your cursor over the [edit] link for the Location field. What profilefieldid number shows up in the browser address window?
          12, no idea how it got to be such a number ..... thank you sir - they now show up. My head shall now rest easy on my pillow.

Goodnight
          Fred Weiss
          Signs101.com
          [email protected]

Comment

Someone must have removed the original Location field, then recreated it later. That's the only way the number would have changed like this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
            X