Search Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Problem

Some how this happens. When you run a search on the website everyone gets this error now.

http://www.gunsnet.net

Sorry! The administrator has specified that you can only do one search every 30 seconds.

What do I need to do in order to fix this!

Have you installed any hacks or added any code to your headinclude or phpinclude templates?

By the way, could you please modify your sig so it follows the forum rules:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=42918

I sent you a PM about this but you never responded. Thanks.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

no to either of those templates

Comment

Thanks. However you didn't answer the question about the hacks. If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have lots of hack including some of our own but we have never had any problems in the last 6 months. So hacks are not the problem and the only thing that has happens is we moved the whole website from our old servers to the new servers this past weekend and we have updated all the config files.

I have only some members who say they cannot post. This is one PM to me just now: I can't post, Guys. It keeps telling me that I can only post every 15 seconds, which is fine by me, but I haven't posted yet.
          HEEEELLLPP!!!!

Comment

I am also having a problem with the NEW POSTS, you click it and a few seconds later the bottom says done but I get a white screen.

Something is not right I just don't know where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by DTHOR
              I am also having a problem with the NEW POSTS, you click it and a few seconds later the bottom says done but I get a white screen.

Something is not right I just don't know where to look.
              Did you fill out a support ticket like Steve asked you to do?

Comment

Nope cause I don't know half the stuff he is asking for and where to look

Plus my main system admin just left at 9:30am cst to IRAQ as he is active duty in the US Army.

I know if people ask me where to look. We are also having our hosting company look at our mysql setup. someone is saying there maybe be a connection to listed right or something not pointed correctly.

either way this is a NIGHTmare. If he PMs me or emails me I can give him the FTP in and the admion c/p info as well.

what what he is asking for all the tech info I don't have nor where to look. HE thought he had the website runn 100% late last night but all the problems surfaced this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by DTHOR
                  Nope cause I don't know half the stuff he is asking for and where to look

Plus my main system admin just left at 9:30am cst to IRAQ as he is active duty in the US Army.

I know if people ask me where to look. We are also having our hosting company look at our mysql setup. someone is saying there maybe be a connection to listed right or something not pointed correctly.

either way this is a NIGHTmare. If he PMs me or emails me I can give him the FTP in and the admion c/p info as well.

what what he is asking for all the tech info I don't have nor where to look. HE thought he had the website runn 100% late last night but all the problems surfaced this morning.
                  Basically he is telling you that any hacks have to be reversed, i.e. the new code that has been added has to be removed and if you replaced any existing code with new code then the old code has to be re-instated and the new code removed.

Comment

This problem does not occur in an unhacked vB. If you are not able to remove your hacks, then set up a test forum to see if you have the same problem. If you do, then fill out the support ticket. If not, then the problem is with the modifications you've made to your vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X