• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ5A
    replied
    Hello:

Thanks for the Quick Reply!

I was thinking the same thing, anyway I contacted the Author of the page I added & hopefully I will get a message from him soon.

I've done every kind of search I can think of regarding messages not being removed from the DB when a member deletes them.

The good thing is I can go in & delete them manually. I will wait & see what the author says or I reckon I will remove the Pages & ask for Support, if the problem gets worse. Maybe I get to Upgrade Soon & that take care of it!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It shouldn't. Clearly something else is causing this, or else one of us is not understanding what the other is talking about.

Leave a comment:

• DJ5A
    replied
    Hello:

Ok, sorry for asking in the wrong place. As you can tell I don't know enough about php.

I just can't understand how adding a Page & a link to it would prevent the messages from being deleted by the members & for some reason they are still in the database after the member deletes them. I could understand it, If I had altered the vB code, maybe the page & the link does alter the code. That's what I can't figure out?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ5A
    Hello Steve!

I just deleted all my of my PM's in my PM Folders (In Box & Sent Box) it then shows it's empty but then I use the "Read PM's by ID#" which is a page I grabbed from VB Org with a link going to it, so no code was changed just the page added...

When I put my ID# in there & view either Incoming PM's or Outgoing PM's for my user ID, they are all still there & it even says they are deleted. But if so how are they still there?

This is what I had to do to the other members to get it where they could start receiving PM's again.

I know this sounds crazy but, how do the PM's go away if you don't have this "Read PM's by ID#" Page added to your forum & Delete them again? It just seems like others would be having this problem too. I'm just curious?
    Sorry but I couldn't understand this at all. If this is regardinng a hack from vbulletin.org, then you should ask over there.

Leave a comment:

• pablo
    replied
    just a by the by : 10 PM's is a very small number. Try adding another power of ten on that.

Leave a comment:

• DJ5A
    replied
    Hello Steve!

I just deleted all my of my PM's in my PM Folders (In Box & Sent Box) it then shows it's empty but then I use the "Read PM's by ID#" which is a page I grabbed from VB Org with a link going to it, so no code was changed just the page added...

When I put my ID# in there & view either Incoming PM's or Outgoing PM's for my user ID, they are all still there & it even says they are deleted. But if so how are they still there?

This is what I had to do to the other members to get it where they could start receiving PM's again.

I know this sounds crazy but, how do the PM's go away if you don't have this "Read PM's by ID#" Page added to your forum & Delete them again? It just seems like others would be having this problem too. I'm just curious?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It means ALL PMs, including every folder. However not message tracking since these are not PMs per se.

Leave a comment:

• DJ5A
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Did you check ALL their PM folders? They could have made other folders to stroe messages.
    Hello:

Does the setting of 10 mean 10 total in all of the folders, like the in Box, sent box & message tracking combined?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Did you check ALL their PM folders? They could have made other folders to stroe messages.

Leave a comment:

• DJ5A
    started a topic Private Messages problems

Private Messages problems

Hello:

I have 3 members that say they can't receive messages, that their box is full.

I have PM set to a maximum of 10 messages.

One member says he has emptied his In, out & message tracking box. I check it & it through Admin CP >> Users >> PM Statistics & I can't find his name listed as having any messages.

But I added a page that can check by User ID# & it shows he has 11 messages in his in box & it shows 18 in his out box, all the messages say "Message was deleted?" If it was deleted, why is the message still there? There was no code changed, I just added the Page & a link to it!

Another member shows he has 7 messages if I use the PM Statistics & the same shows up if I use check by User ID#

The 3rd person shows nothing in the PM Statistics or if I use the check by User ID# there is still nothing.

I haven't really moded any code, I've just added a Page with a link to it & I've changed my Header & Footers some, but that's all the changes I've made from the original install of 2.3.0

Does anybody have any ideas of what I could do to correct this or what I could check?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X