Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messages problems

Hello:

I have 3 members that say they can't receive messages, that their box is full.

I have PM set to a maximum of 10 messages.

One member says he has emptied his In, out & message tracking box. I check it & it through Admin CP >> Users >> PM Statistics & I can't find his name listed as having any messages.

But I added a page that can check by User ID# & it shows he has 11 messages in his in box & it shows 18 in his out box, all the messages say "Message was deleted?" If it was deleted, why is the message still there? There was no code changed, I just added the Page & a link to it!

Another member shows he has 7 messages if I use the PM Statistics & the same shows up if I use check by User ID#

The 3rd person shows nothing in the PM Statistics or if I use the check by User ID# there is still nothing.

I haven't really moded any code, I've just added a Page with a link to it & I've changed my Header & Footers some, but that's all the changes I've made from the original install of 2.3.0

Does anybody have any ideas of what I could do to correct this or what I could check?
    Thank You for Your Time!!!!!
    DJ5A

Did you check ALL their PM folders? They could have made other folders to stroe messages.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Did you check ALL their PM folders? They could have made other folders to stroe messages.
      Hello:

Does the setting of 10 mean 10 total in all of the folders, like the in Box, sent box & message tracking combined?
      DJ5A

Comment

It means ALL PMs, including every folder. However not message tracking since these are not PMs per se.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hello Steve!

Thanks for the Quick Reply!

I just deleted all my of my PM's in my PM Folders (In Box & Sent Box) it then shows it's empty but then I use the "Read PM's by ID#" which is a page I grabbed from VB Org with a link going to it, so no code was changed just the page added...

When I put my ID# in there & view either Incoming PM's or Outgoing PM's for my user ID, they are all still there & it even says they are deleted. But if so how are they still there?

This is what I had to do to the other members to get it where they could start receiving PM's again.

I know this sounds crazy but, how do the PM's go away if you don't have this "Read PM's by ID#" Page added to your forum & Delete them again? It just seems like others would be having this problem too. I'm just curious?
          DJ5A

Comment

just a by the by : 10 PM's is a very small number. Try adding another power of ten on that.
            My Sites :

Comment

Originally posted by DJ5A
              Hello Steve!

I just deleted all my of my PM's in my PM Folders (In Box & Sent Box) it then shows it's empty but then I use the "Read PM's by ID#" which is a page I grabbed from VB Org with a link going to it, so no code was changed just the page added...

When I put my ID# in there & view either Incoming PM's or Outgoing PM's for my user ID, they are all still there & it even says they are deleted. But if so how are they still there?

This is what I had to do to the other members to get it where they could start receiving PM's again.

I know this sounds crazy but, how do the PM's go away if you don't have this "Read PM's by ID#" Page added to your forum & Delete them again? It just seems like others would be having this problem too. I'm just curious?
              Sorry but I couldn't understand this at all. If this is regardinng a hack from vbulletin.org, then you should ask over there.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hello:

Ok, sorry for asking in the wrong place. As you can tell I don't know enough about php.

I just can't understand how adding a Page & a link to it would prevent the messages from being deleted by the members & for some reason they are still in the database after the member deletes them. I could understand it, If I had altered the vB code, maybe the page & the link does alter the code. That's what I can't figure out?
                DJ5A

Comment

It shouldn't. Clearly something else is causing this, or else one of us is not understanding what the other is talking about.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hello:

I was thinking the same thing, anyway I contacted the Author of the page I added & hopefully I will get a message from him soon.

I've done every kind of search I can think of regarding messages not being removed from the DB when a member deletes them.

The good thing is I can go in & delete them manually. I will wait & see what the author says or I reckon I will remove the Pages & ask for Support, if the problem gets worse. Maybe I get to Upgrade Soon & that take care of it!
                    DJ5A

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X