What the hell???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell???

How could this happen? This is actually the second time this has happened. There's no way to delete the post that caused it, since there is no edit button now. What is causing this??? I just deleted the entire thread and let it go last time, but here it is again! In case you can't tell, it appears to have screwed up my quickreply box and smilies, and done away with the edit and quote buttons. Anyone know what's happening here?

I replied by using the top reply button, and it worked, but the table is still utterly screwed in that one single post. It has flash in it, BTW. I don't think the last one did, but I can't really remember.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SloppyGoat; Wed 5 Nov '03, 2:46pm.
    The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession

There is not quick reply in vB2. Are you ruinnging vB3, or have you applied hacks?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      There is not quick reply in vB2. Are you ruinnging vB3, or have you applied hacks?
      It's 2.3.0, with the quickreply(and smilies) added. It works fine, and has been working fine for about 2yrs now, so it's not my hack. It's only recently that this has happened, and only twice, as I said above. I finally was able to remove the post by splitting the thread at that post, then deleting it. I'd just like to know why it happened in the first place.

Comment

Does this happen with the default templates and the original vB files?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Does this happen with the default templates and the original vB files?
          I couldn't tell you, really. I've had the quickreply there since day 10 or so. Something strange. After I replied, I was able to see and click the edit button, but it didn't edit the post it was under, it edited my reply post. In other words, it's like it just took the lower button set right off the page, but only for that single post.

Comment

Well something changed obviously. Try first with the original templates and see if you still have this problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Well something changed obviously. Try first with the original templates and see if you still have this problem.
              It has to be something in his post. People post flash all the time, and this doesn't happen. The last time it happened, I believe it was a mod who had posted some html. My members don't have the html privilege, though. I sure wish there was some way I could find out exactly what he posted.

I told the guy to post it again, but keep a copy of what he posted...so I can look at it, if it happens again. He posts flash all the time though. I doubt he did anything wrong. I even have an swf vbcode button, which makes it simple.

Something else I noticed; when I replied in that thread, and could see the Topic Review below, all that appeared in his post was this text.

postamble();
              Last edited by SloppyGoat; Wed 5 Nov '03, 3:30pm.

Comment

Well, he posted it again, and it worked fine. Very strange.

http://www.tga.dynu.com/showthread.p...3151#post53151

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X