Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hacked UBB installation - importation advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked UBB installation - importation advice needed!

G'day all,

I'm in the process of changing forum software from a heavily hacked UBB classic 6.2.1.3 to vBulletin.

I experimented with a test board I have of the same version UBB with poor results. Importation in it's raw form (hacked) leaves all but 2 fields from member files & reverts all post dates to 1st of Jan 1970, among other things, but they're the biggies.

The UBB board has avatar hacks, title hacks (star1.gif), last post by, whoes online etc.

I've been reading up & found that the only issue I should have is with the avatar hack. I ran a .cgi script on my test board, created by quassi.net to amend all the member files & revert the avatar hack back to normal. Apon doing this the forum didn't operate (couldn't bring up posts), this I kind of expected.

I tried the import to vBulletin with the board in this condition & yes the member files import very well, but the posts don't come across - none of them!

I am thinking I need to run the quassi.net cgi the fix the member files, upgrade the current hacked UBB 6.2.1.3 to UBB 6.3 to repair/ reconfig the files, then import from the new installation of vBulletin 2.x.

If this is the case, I need the upgrade version of UBB 6.3.
    I have the full install version. A friend informs me there is only the latest version there, not a supported import of vBulletin.

Can someone tell me if I'm on the right track?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X