deleted user able to post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted user able to post

Several months ago, we banned all users with free email accounts, and deleted all accounts that existed in the forum that had free-based email accounts.

Now, I have a user that was DELETED that can post... ??

it shows guest under their name, but it does allow them to post. Access masks are on, and unregistered users are not able to post... so what's up with this ??
    -

AFAIK there is absolutely no way this can happen if your permissions are set correctly and you have not hacked your forums. If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well I do have a hack -- but VERY minor (shows member next to their name if they are in a certain group)

here is a pic of the permissions of the forum that the guy posted in.

as you can see in the pics -- the permissions are set to default, and the group does not have access.. (masks are enabled --)

I am running 2.29 --
      any other thoughts before I open a ticket

here is a link to the post--
      http://www.svoca.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=95
      it is the 7th post down.
      Attached Files
      -

Comment

Nope. As I said I do not see how this could happen if permissions are set correctly and there are no hacks.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X