Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Pruning Users - User Infos

Hi,

before mass pruning all users, who didn't visit since 365 days and have a post count of 0 I emailed them stating that if they don't visit within 7 days their account will be deleted.

So far so good, but now a couple of users visited our forums and still their 'Last Visit' reflects their old visit (200+ days ago).

I already updated the post count, forum & thread infos...

Thanks for any hint,
    -Tom
    www.MCSEboard.de
    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

The 'Last visit' is really their 'Next-to-Last Visit'. The real last visit is the 'Last Activity'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the info.

So how can I prune users with their 'Last Activity' of more than 365 days?
      www.MCSEboard.de
      German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

I believe that is exactly what you've done. Did you check the 'Last Activity' of these users who were not removed?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No, I just relied on the 'Move/Prune Users' function ...

I haven't pruned them yet, I just generated the list.
          www.MCSEboard.de

Comment

Then what I would do is prune them. This should do what you want.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Let me explain my problem a bit further

I mailed all users on the list to visit our forums this week or they will be deleted.

Some visited us yesterday, I saw one user (user x).
              Then I generated the list again, just to see how many visited.
              User x was still on the list although he was on the forum yesterday.

So there seems to be something wrong... ?
              www.MCSEboard.de

Comment

And what shows up for user x's last visit and activity in his user profile?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

His 'Last Visit' shows 2002-12-09 21:15:23 and his 'Last Activity' 2003-11-03 17:38:44.

Hmmm, so how can I prune users whose 'Last Activity' was ~365 days ago via the ACP?
                  www.MCSEboard.de

Comment

Hmmm...I'm afraid I don't know then,. If what you are saying is correct, then there is no way to do this in the Admin CP. Unfortunately I don't have a similar user I can test this on to see if I get the same results.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I just double checked, unfortunately it is this way on my board.
                      Thanks Steve, I think I have to show into the user.php

Maybe this requires hacking, but then I would suggest to change this for vb3 - if this hasn't been done.
                      www.MCSEboard.de

Comment

Phew, the code is all over the place, $lastvisit/lastvisit is used quite often.
                        I guess I'll ask over at vb.org
                        Thanks anyways

[edit]Mystics found the correct line for me
                        http://www.vbulletin-germany.com/for...=&postid=44682
                        [/edit]
                        Last edited by Thomas P; Tue 4 Nov '03, 4:04pm.
                        www.MCSEboard.de

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X