Making only posts of a certain length count towards post count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making only posts of a certain length count towards post count

We recently had problems with people posting short meaningless posts just to get their post count up. Is there a way to set up the forums so that only posts with a minimum number of characters actually count toards the pos count.
    CatForums
    Verdant Gardening Forums
    If you have pets/home and family related forums, hit me up for a link exchange!

It's not possible in vB2 without editing the code i'm afraid, but you could always ask over at vbulletin.org for help You can set the minimum length a message can be in vB3.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon
      It's not possible in vB2 without editing the code i'm afraid, but you could always ask over at vbulletin.org for help You can set the minimum length a message can be in vB3.
      Yes, but that prevents you from posting a message in the first place, so it won't appear on the forum anyway because an error message will appear telling you.

In this instant what is being sought is the post still appearing on the forum but not counting towards an individual's post count because it is under a set amount of minimum characters.

Yes this would still mean hacking the code in vb3 as well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X