Upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading

If I upgrade my board will it change my settings I have already?

Will the avatar be cenetered now? Or can I keep it the way it is?

Upgrading will not change any of your settings.

Comment

I've seen other boards that have upgraded and some of their images changed back to the defaults.. And on all version 3 forums I've only seen the avatar centered.

Comment

Upgrading does not overwrite any of your settings or customized templates. However make sure you don't upload the 'images' directories, subdirectories and files if you don't want the images overwriten.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Upgrading does not overwrite any of your settings or customized templates. However make sure you don't upload the 'images' directories, subdirectories and files if you don't want the images overwriten.
          It's just my opinion - but I would say that THIS is a VERRRY important thing for people to know when they upgrade - and it should be somewhere up front with the other directions -- NOT back here.

Comment

Originally posted by mactelesis
            It's just my opinion - but I would say that THIS is a VERRRY important thing for people to know when they upgrade - and it should be somewhere up front with the other directions -- NOT back here.
            Common sense would tell you not to overwrite any files you want to keep.

Comment

Ok, so can someone tell me what files I need to get rid of from 2.3.3 to make sure that nothing on my board changes from the way i have it??

Thanks =)

Comment

Not sure what you mean. Can you be more specific?
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X