Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board suddenly running very slowly

Hello there,

Would appreciate some help on what I have experienced with my site which is running vB 2.3.0.

In chronological order...

Some users reported threads going missing for no apparent reason. Research has shown that no-one was deleting them at all - they were just vanishing.

I ran repair, hoping this would fix it.

The odd post still kept disappearing. I've been busy elsewhere so was not able to try and diagnose the problem.

Yesterday the board was exceptionally busy (normal usage is about 150 concurrent users, yesterday hit about 380) and the site seemed to go down. At least I was receiving error messages from the ISP.

After a while the board seemed to come back for selective people, implying some sort of DNS thing going on. It has only just come back for me.

Since it has 'come back' it is running very, very slowly. Every operation takes a very long time relative to the way things were a day or so ago. So much so, that I've turned the board off from the general userbase for now.

I'm 99.9% certain that it is the board itself, as my site (www.northstandchat,.com) re-directs to http://www.albionalbum.co.uk/vbullet...d/index.php?s= and if you go to www.albionalbum.co.uk directly - the site that runs from there is still running incredibly quickly.

So - any help appreciated. When your board starts running very slowly - what do you look at to fix it? The same for 'vanishing' posts.

Many thanks in advance,

Darren

I would guess that you are running low on space in the partition where MySQL data is stored?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X