No announcement yet.

SQL error on conversion from Invision 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you confirm that smiley-aloof.gif existed?

What are the SQL errors? What your showing is php warning messages.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

looking at your site i see

smiley-aloog.gif in the forums/avatars/ folder instead of forums/uploads/
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

you're absolutely right. in fact because of the way i had the forums installed when i was on version 1.1, I totally forgot that some of those users had their avatars in totally different places. and you're also right, I was confusing php errors for mysql errors. I just tried importing again, and this time got all the way through, except i did get a sql error this time at the end:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.2:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO customavatar VALUES (252,'GIF89a \0 \0Â\0\0ÿÿÿÿÌ™ÿ™fÌÌÌ\0\0»»»\0\0\0ÈÈÈ!ù\0\0\0,\0\0\0\0 \0 \0\0þxºkð&Jù a;8Ê€U”Ífax‘¤18h•®¬vvrÐuã1¤§~„!\"ãFAòˆ“)ú¬5-U••Ím¼£Ié›Òm;¯ ¹ì*=Ì5È\\í\0O…®W¨^½_pzl2.q.?‡…dWyF(?ŽŽzp?;i•¢}iv;v/\0¬ £¢£¦›v0p*±»²¨RœŸ®¼£v1.ªpw*jÇFÁy0/*¼»xɇ̪Ú¡–ßR´Í©\0Ù¹¬±ç§@:wâùÓ!é9iìã䇒ÍC²ìV;W8,!è¯Y YA1¬·ìÅ>9 wÈÈc†`\0;',1067481000,'Arthur.gif')
        mysql error: Duplicate entry '252' for key 1

mysql error number: 1062

Date: Wednesday 29th of October 2003 09:30:00 PM
        Script: http://www.addaboy.com/testvb/testvb...html%2Favatars
        Referer: http://www.addaboy.com/testvb/import...html%2Favatars

and all the weird stuff is how it looks on my end too. at least i'm making progress anyhow, is it getting hung up on "mysql error: Duplicate entry '252' for key 1" and if so, is that a result of me associating the vB admin user with my admin account on the IBF DB?

Comment

there was the "hit refresh to retry" message too, which I did and now all the users are imported. at least i didn't get a single PHP warning this time.

P.S. thanks for the help

Comment

now i've gotten this error while importing threads:

mysql error: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'
            mysql error number: 1153

I looked that up, seems it's a limitation of mysqld itself. I don't really care if a couple threads get screwy, I can delete them, but is it safe to run the site while these errors occured?

Comment

ok first error means that the person already has an avatar since your repeating the import.

I suggest doing a clean install if possible again.

The 2nd is indeed a MySQL setting, the query is of length greater than 1mb which is the usual default value. Most likely during attachment import. I would suggest setting this slightly higher say 2mb.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

thanks again. I got past the php warning messages, I had put the wrong path during the import, I just have to get past this SQL error, I've asked the server admin to fix it. Hopefully the nex post from me is to thank you for your help and everything works

Comment