SQL error on conversion from Invision 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL error on conversion from Invision 1.2

I'm trying the conversion on a test server first. I'm getting SQL errors on importing users. not all users just some. somehow the import completes though and things seems to be working fine. someone told me not to ignore those errors though, that they will come back and bite later. any ideas?

What are the errors?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

is it possbile to install vB on the same database where Invision currently resides?

Comment

That depends. As long as there are no conflicts in the table names - yes. Otherwise no.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

meaning if the tables have the same name? I'm pretty sure all the invision tables have an ibf_ prefix.

Comment

If that's correct then it should work.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

didn't want to risk installing them in the same database. anyhow, here's the error I get, not for everybody, i'd say 30% of the users
              Code:
              Warning: fopen(/website/forums/uploads/av-56.jpg) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: 
              No such file or directory in /export/home/addaboy/website/testvb/importers/bbimport_invib.php on line 
              629 user DOSMAN imported.
              sometimes it finishes the import anyways, sometimes it just seems to never finish.

this is line 629 btw
              Code:
              	$file = fopen(($ipbuploads."/".$iuser['avatar']) ,'rb');
              Last edited by kanezfan; Wed 29 Oct '03, 1:57pm.

Comment

and another thing, before I forget. when it asks if i want to associate a user, I say yes, but it says it can't find the user I created in vB. here's what it says: Associating vBulletin user kanez with Invision Power Board user 1 .... no such user in vBulletin database!

edit: i didn't read, it wanted a number, this problem's fixed, but i'm still getting the sql error.

edit 2: i put in the absolute pah to the uploads directory, and now I've got maybe 10% of my 278 users that get an error, here's the error I get now. I put in the same absolute path, but it's still choking on some avatars. this is the error i get now: Warning: fopen(/smiley-aloof.gif) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /export/home/addaboy/website/testvb/importers/bbimport_invib.php on line 636
                Last edited by kanezfan; Wed 29 Oct '03, 2:31pm.

Comment

can you copy the SQL error please.

Right click on the page and go to view source.
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

that line 636 error is the one i'm trying to resolve right now.

Warning: fopen(/smiley-aloof.gif) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /export/home/addaboy/website/testvb/importers/bbimport_invib.php on line 636

i'm trying to copy the whole page, but the importer refreshes the page so quickly it's impossible

Comment

I see it now, it doesn't pass the value for ipbavatars back to the script for the 2nd page.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

in other words, the dataase is saying that the user's avatar is somewhere, but the importer is saying it's not there? is this something that can come back to bite me later? should i resolve this problem before I go on?

Comment

try this file instead.
                          Attached Files
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I still get this for a few users:

user Thrax imported.

Warning: fopen(/export/home/addaboy/website/forums/uploads/smiley-aloof.gif) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /export/home/addaboy/website/testvb/importers/bbimport_invib.php on line 636
                            user oz_eod imported.

user Camman imported

Comment

help

this s getting frustrating. I can't seem to import all my users without getting sql errors. I've now even tried to import without specifying any path, and still I get the same errors I mentioned above. can someone who's successfully imported Invision 1.2 let me know if they ran into this problem and how they went about fixing it?

Comment