Trying to import old style file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to import old style file.

Hello, I was searching thru my D:\, and found an old style file for vbulletin that I really liked and used on my old forum!. The website I got it from no longer exists, but I tried to import it into my new forum, thats 2.3.2 and I get the error:

Invalid style file!

I really want to get the colours used, and I was wondering if anyone could please help me find the problem, I have attached the style.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Nimrod.
    Attached Files

What version of vB was this from? Did you choose the 'Use style file even if it is for a different version of vBulletin' option?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      What version of vB was this from? Did you choose the 'Use style file even if it is for a different version of vBulletin' option?
      I tried that, no luck

When I opened the style in notepad, the first thing it says is: 2.3.0
      So i Assume its for VB 2.3.0, but what I dont get is why it wont import.

Its confusing, and I would really like that style (well, colour scheme) on my site.

Comment

Then there must be something wrong with that file. Sorry.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Then there must be something wrong with that file. Sorry.
          I gathered that, but i just wish to get hold of the colour codes from it, is there any way at all?

Comment

If the file wont import then you are going to have to find them in the .style files source. I havent had to do that before so I can't really point you to anywhere in the file. Skim over it a few times and you will most likely find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
              If the file wont import then you are going to have to find them in the .style files source. I havent had to do that before so I can't really point you to anywhere in the file. Skim over it a few times and you will most likely find them.
              I guess thats what ill have to do.

Although I dont see why it wont import

Any ideas what I need to look for within the file?

Comment

They will be in there with the replacements. (the vars in the templates like {imagesfolder} etc.) Once you find the replacements I would just copy/paste them all into a new txt file and get what you need by hand.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X