Reinstalled on Windows 2003 - getting 404

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinstalled on Windows 2003 - getting 404

Very irritating since I've done all that I know to get it to work. On Windows 2000 with IIS5 it worked like a champ, now on 2003 IIS6, I got nothing:

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

And it resides there - I don't understand. Other pages work on my web server just fine. Now, I will say this about 2003 IIS6, my old ASP pages would not work after the conversation because 2003 does not install myinfo.dll, which asp-related pages needed in the past. Registering this DLL solved that problem so I wonder if the same type of thing is happening.

My current versions of everything are:

VBulletin: 2.2
    PHP: 4.3.3
    mySQL: 4.0.16

Is this a common error?

Thanks

I don't know if this is any help but on my uni degree we have migrated from win 2000 (iis 5.0) to win 2003 (iis 6.0) and have had problems, it was to do with directory permissions and user privilages.

Maybe try check the folder settings and seeing if its in the iss tree view, and check to see if any user privilages need to be set.

Php isn't install on my uni server, but asp (my uni has 2003 but still uses asp as its main teaching web language) has caused a few problems, especially do with DSN and DSN-less.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It was an IIS thing / security settings issue - I was not allow access to PHP from the IIS server. It seems to be working now.

Thanks!

Comment

If you need anymore help, feel free to ask/pm as I managed to get it all working on Server 2003.

Comment

Please post how you got it working. I am having the same problem.

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X