Clear All

• Destee
    replied
    okay Steve ... done and thanks again.

Destee

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No sorry, I can't think of any way to walk you through this that wouldn't take forever. Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.

Leave a comment:

• Destee
    replied
    uh oh ...

mind walking me through this slowly?

i can run this query:
    SELECT * FROM template WHERE title='options';

then at the command line type:
    $varname = 'value';

that value is going to come up and i'll be able to see what's there and edit it?

and then make the same change to my setting table? can you be more specific regarding the command i should type for this?

Sorry for being such a bother.

Thanks so much.

Destee

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Run this query:

SELECT * FROM template WHERE title='options'

Locate the appropriate variable in this format:

$varname = 'value';

Change the appropriate setting (cookie domain should be blank and cookie path should be '/'). Then also make the same change to your setting table.

Leave a comment:

• Destee
    replied
    Thanks again Steve for your response. I have 2.2.5 loaded on my domain right now.

Destee

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is definitely a cookie/cookie domain issue. What version are you running right now and need help with?

Leave a comment:

• Destee
    replied
    Hi Steve ... when i first closed the forum and copied it to the new server, different domain, i did have cookie domain and path in the CP. Because of this (and your implication that this might make a difference), i just waited until my domain resolved and reloaded it where it should be, so the cookie domain and path would match. Now that i'm on the new server, correct cookie domain and path, it still won't let me (or any Members) login. It also won't let me view any forums or threads. Another thing which is kinda weird, is that it always shows only 1 user online. I know that's not accurate, folk are impatiently trying to get back in. This is version 2.2.5.

In an attempt to troubleshoot, i loaded a clean install of vb3 beta 7 on the new server, different domain and it lets me log in and everything.

I then copied my 2.2.5 database to a different domain and upgraded it to 2.3.2, the upgrade went fine, no errors, but i still can't login ... but i could view forums and threads.

I then upgraded the above 2.3.2 to vb3 beta 7, all went well, no errors. When i tried to login, it says "Thank you for logging in Destee" but takes me right back to the CP login page.

Your help resolving this is much appreciated.

Destee

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Still not clear about this:
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Did you have settings for the Cookie Domain and Path in the Admin CP? It's possible those settings may conflict with your new server and cause this problem.

Leave a comment:

• Destee
    replied
    Hi Steve ... thanks for your response.

Nothing i did allowed me to login to the CP from the test domain, including your suggestions above, so i changed the DNS for my domain and moved to the new server which had to be done anyway.

Now that i'm back up, on my own domain, new server, i still can't login. When i try to login from forum home it gives me the password recovery page. It won't let me login to the CP either. Also, clicking on any thread gives me the "no thread specified" message.

I ran REPAIR TABLE on every table, and everything says "OK."

I ran mysqlcheck -r -u mysqlusername -p databasename, and everything says "OK."

Any suggestions on how i can get back into my forum?

Thank You.

Destee

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Did you have settings for the Cookie Domain and Path in the Admin CP. It's possible those settings may conflict with your new server and cause this problem.

Leave a comment:

• Destee
    started a topic Moved To New Server - Can't Login to Control Panel

Moved To New Server - Can't Login to Control Panel

Hello VB Family !!!

I've copied my forum to a new server, testing, and can't login to the control panel. Also, in phpmyadmin i see the error message "PMA Database ... Not OK. General relation features Disabled."

I've read a little about the error message and while i've not resolved it, it doesn't seem like it would keep me from logging into the conrol panel.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Destee